[TUC Spoiler] How was Dagliash a give-away for Kellhus?

• 22 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 01:53:29 pm »
It's also axiomatic that the Ordeal would succumb to eating Sranc apparently. The Scalded are a small portion of the Ordeal.

The Nuke is to take out the Horde after they do what damage they can to the Ordeal.

Which is decidedly a Dunyain observation and response.

This.  Of all the attacks on the ordeal, deploying the nuke to eliminate a food source was distinctly "shortest path".

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 01:56:01 pm »
Truly dunyain indeed.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 02:25:05 pm »
It also was a pretty distinct shift of tactics, something the Consult wasn't too apt to do previously...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Likaro

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 05:13:28 pm »
Normally the bad guys are dumb because that is what is required for the good guys to win. Now I'm starting to think Bakker is deliberately showing us that yes the Consult isn't that bright---but now they got a major upgrade in brain power with Dunyain running the show.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 11:51:14 am »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Likaro. Hope we get to meet your scheming ass in TNG.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 09:39:51 pm »
So I took this to mean something along the lines of them betraying their logic process. 

So in chess, when you see a certain opening sequence, or a certain gambit, you know your opponent has studied a certain type of style.  I think it's the same here, where Kellhus finally sees the unmistakable gambit/logic path of Ishual, and there could only be one conclusion.  I also remember he was quiet for a good long time, staring at the machine.  Maybe he was doing his probability trance, hunting the threads of the Thousand Fold Thought that accounted for other Dunyain.  Then he says not everyone can be saved, but amends it with 'this is a good thing.'  Now why the shit would he say that?  Besides the fact that he is constantly playing the prophet and saying cryptic shit to confuse and better possess people, I think, once he knew there were Dunyain in control of the Consult, he IMMEDIATELY knew how to defeat them, because he knows how they think, but he has been in the world for more than 20 years, and knows things they cannot fathom.  He was precisely correct when he said 'I am the greater mystery here.'

Clever.  Bastard.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 09:46:28 pm »
I still don't buy it. The Consult was innovating before this. The Skin Spies were new. He had no way of knowing how recent the nuke being salvaged was, either. Hell, how did he even know it was a nuke?

It's basically down to Dunyain magic.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 10:09:00 pm »
I still don't buy it. The Consult was innovating before this. The Skin Spies were new. He had no way of knowing how recent the nuke being salvaged was, either. Hell, how did he even know it was a nuke?

It's basically down to Dunyain magic.

The glossary indicates similar devices were used in the Nonmen-Inchoroi wars.