mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:39:52 am »
The cuddliest Earwan of all!  Here's a few of my fav Cnaiur parts.  Both from TTT

1) Showing off his softer side: After the skin spies kidnap the battered Cnaiur from Conphas' camp, Cnaiur lays his head in Serwe-skinspy's lap.

"There was such sanctuary in the lap of woman, a stillness that made the world, with allits threshing fury, seem small instead of encompassing, errant instead of essential.  He winced as she dabbed a cut above his left eye.  He savoured the sense of cool water warming against his skin."

2) Later, when he is riding with the skin spies, he tells Serwe

"'Our child,' he called lamely, 'was conceived in mountains like these.'  When she said nothing, he cursed himself and the sensitivities of women."

Lol, crazy Cnaiur forgetting that the Serwe thing is a monster is just precious!

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CNAIUR PARTS???

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 05:11:43 pm »
Cnaiur throwing the severed limbs of a child at the White Yaksh, challenging whatshisname who betrayed him, disemboweling him and strangling his wife with the entrails.  Really shows the depth of his resolve.

Your Cnaiur quotes are hilarious :P.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Francis Buck

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »
I don't remember the exact quote, but Kellhus says something like "Do you remember the day you found me?" and Cnaiur goes "But of course, I curse that day with my every breath."

I just love when Cnaiur rags on Kellhus.

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:45:32 am »
There are so many.  Nayu is one of the most amazing characters I've ever read. 

One of my favorites that I can't properly recreate without the book in front of me is when he's giving the final reveal to Akka about the Dunyain.

Akka still isn't getting it and is like "My soul is my own!"

Then the text has something about a low, rumbling laughter coming out of Cnaiur before saying something like "He prizes no thought higher."