• 24 Replies

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:02:10 pm »
https://imgur.com/a/VCPSlse#EffmOoT

Here ya go! Enjoy! Will, of course, have more.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 01:06:14 am »
im not familiar with griffith, whats that from? Also, that's a woman right?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 01:57:25 am »
GRIFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 01:58:03 am »
im not familiar with griffith, whats that from? Also, that's a woman right?
It's a man ofc.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 03:26:36 am »
Griffith is from a manga known as Berserk and he is very much male. A very beautiful male. Similar to Conphas, only Griffith isn't actually a sociopath.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 10:06:18 am »
I don't think that when Bakker described Conphas as "handsome", he meant feminine beauty. I personally don't really agree with that comparison.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 01:23:29 pm »
But....but....he said that Conphas was beautiful. :(

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 02:09:51 pm »
Well, Conphas can look like whatever you want.  I do think that Griffith is a bit too "androgynous" for my vision of Conphas, but that's just me.

However, I'm not too sure I'd consider Griffith any less of a sociopath than Conphas.  I mean, maybe, according to DSM IV or something, but both are narcissists to some degree.  However, Griffith being less so actually makes him a worse person, to me, because he actually considers not being horrible, then does anyway.  That is, if we consider him to have any free will as it was anyway, but then again, we could think of Conphas the same way.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 04:16:26 pm »
Read Cnaiurs internal descriptions, i might be misremembering but i'm sure he thinks of him as feminine. That may be Proyas though.

Also isn't Conphas Ketyai?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:24:08 pm by themerchant »

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 05:32:09 pm »
I was under the impression that Conphas was some sort of a blonde with blue eyes. Maybe a Roman type?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 09:58:06 pm »
I saw that I image and realized, given his uncle, I think Conphas would definitely be more effeminate than perhaps modern culture would find to be within traditional gender norms... I Conphas is definitely pretty.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 06:28:37 am »

Achamian found himself glancing periodically at the Exalt-General. There was something unnerving about the man’s physical perfection, something that made Achamian acutely self-conscious of his own portly frame, almost as though through Conphas, the Gods had revealed the cruel humour behind the accumulated flaws of more common men.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:12:10 pm by H »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 06:30:29 am »
Seems like my phone won't let me edit this, but I wanted to put it in quotations and mark "portly frame" bold.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 12:11:45 pm »
Seems like my phone won't let me edit this, but I wanted to put it in quotations and mark "portly frame" bold.

But Akka is refering to his own "portly frame" not Conphas.  Not sure what you mean to say here.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 03:23:45 pm »
Yeah that's akka calling himself fat.