• 20 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
It is unlikely that my cell phone will work for another 2 or 3 years, but perhaps not so far fetched that an old piece of technology could work thousands of years after its creation, at least in Earwa. This is because there is magic, and you never quite know how a little bit of magic can change, enhance, or fix in some way that old piece of weaponry.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 08:25:51 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Enhance :D!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 08:26:00 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Assumptively, Nau-Cayuti's the man who is beaten and chained in the long line
I never thought it was him, I just assumed it was just some poor guy. Did seem a bit random at the time - attached to no one of note (the dreams always hover around the all important world souls, generally)

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
the assumption that it is NC in the golden room dreams is a carryover from the westeros threads, iirc, and it makes sense, particularly with that first dream of TUC.

OTOH, Bakker could just be providing a literary parallel to the single-continuous-dream of TTT that follows Ses and NC through Golgotteranth--the parallel being that the books are both third volumes and the rationale for NC rather than Ses is 'fuck it, it's a fantasy, I make the rules.'

And Trisk, Cleric dispenses the Qirri at the end of TJE, I'm not sure if he does so for Akka who may still be sleeping (remember Akka was unconscious for 99% of the battle/flight in Cil Aujus.  As for Timing, the wight appears pretty much immediately after the Qirri is dispensed.  Another thing of timing, Cleric has a scene with CC's statue prior to the attack, I've long wondered if he collected the ashes there, or had he simply kept them around for 10,000 years so he could hand them out to a bunch of humans?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Sometimes this stuff makes me think of the contortions of the original total recall movie. Where even the bad guy says 'I'm damn surprised it even worked!"

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »
Quote from: Borric
Quote from: lockesnow
Cleric has a scene with CC's statue prior to the attack, I've long wondered if he collected the ashes there, or had he simply kept them around for 10,000 years so he could hand them out to a bunch of humans?

Off course, thank you Lockesnow!

As for whom Akka is dreaming about?
To me that can’t be any other than Seswatha and his son.
Due to the hart, and all that malarkey.