Unholy Consultation - *SUPER SPOILERIFIC*

• 201 Replies

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:11 pm »
Meat can be hard on the digestion, I know. I have a little salad I can offer, for those suffering more extreme bowel cramps.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 05:19:40 pm »
Welcome back to the Second Apocalypse, friend!

How is navigating the postpartum world?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 05:35:22 pm »
Welcome back!

Might you be able to confirm or deny your attendance to Zaudunyanicon?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:01:22 pm »
Welcome back!

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 06:02:29 pm »
Also - now that afternoon breakfast for the house is done - I do believe congratulations are in order. Seven books in and two completed series! Thank you for bending your self to the page over the past 15+ years!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:25:13 pm »
The one burning questions I have (and that you have a slight chance of answering) is when can you disclose the title of the next series?  If the answer is now the please let us know!

By the way, I seriously love your work.  If the series ended with Unholy Consult, the Second Apocalypse would be the greatest Fantasy series of all time.  I can't wait for the finale.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
Welcome Back Mr. Bakker and co grats on finishing your series. A few questions.

1. What is the name of the 3rd series?
2. Are you currently writing said series?
3. The tapestry that Mimara comes across once reaching the Ordeal, is it one commissioned by Kellhus or is it older, maybe even ancient?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 06:31:06 pm »
The digestion is improving, day after day, but it's like eating a mammoth, it isn't easy to hunt it, eat it and digest it.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 06:44:27 pm »
How is navigating the postpartum world?

After birthy.

Might you be able to confirm or deny your attendance to Zaudunyanicon?

I can definitively confirm. My brother might try to make a documentary of it, actually!

Also - now that afternoon breakfast for the house is done - I do believe congratulations are in order. Seven books in and two completed series! Thank you for bending your self to the page over the past 15+ years!

Feels hard to believe, but I have the squint and the stoop to prove it!

The one burning questions I have (and that you have a slight chance of answering) is when can you disclose the title of the next series?  If the answer is now the please let us know!

Yes, the title is, and always has been, THE NO-GOD.

2. Are you currently writing said series?
3. The tapestry that Mimara comes across once reaching the Ordeal, is it one commissioned by Kellhus or is it older, maybe even ancient?

The tapestry is ancient, and it's significance is unknown to Kellhus. As for THE NO-GOD, I have scads of snippets centering mostly on individual characters, but I still have a huge amount of decisions to make.

The digestion is improving, day after day, but it's like eating a mammoth, it isn't easy to hunt it, eat it and digest it.

You forgot to mention the hot sauce...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 06:49:39 pm »
Quote from:  Cu'jara Cinmoi
The tapestry is ancient, and it's significance is unknown to Kellhus. As for THE NO-GOD, I have scads of snippets centering mostly on individual characters, but I still have a huge amount of decisions to make.

Well, lets all put baby Kellhus to rest now, thank God. Thanks for responding. Nice to see you around again!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:53:22 pm »

Quote from:  Cu'jara Cinmoi

Well, lets all put baby Kellhus to rest now, thank God. Thanks for responding. Nice to see you around again!

MSJ, that was THE opportunity to say 'thanks to no god'

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 06:57:25 pm »
I know you will not spoil future books. But alot of speculation on Kellhus, is he the other decapitant, in the Outside and so on and so on. My question, is if he is dead, he did make it to the Outside, correct?

Also, will there be a time jump in the next series or will it pick up where we left off?

Walter

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 07:00:16 pm »
Hi Mr. Bakker, huge congratulations on finishing The Aspect Emperor.  I thought the final book was the best of the lot.

If it isn't too spoiler-y, can you let us know what the image of Kellhus that everyone sees floating down from the Horn is?  It seems clear that the Judging Eye sees the Carapace beneath it, but what was making it ever look like Kellhus was there?  Was it the same kind of Tekne that the Mutilated used to project an image of Shae in the Golden Room, or was something else at work?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:01:47 pm by Walter »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »
The No-God  :o , and ZDC confirmation  ;D. A great day. Thanks for coming by .
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:08:41 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 07:05:10 pm »

You forgot to mention the hot sauce...

The sauce is a hellish mix of chili and wasabi, but I really liked it, maybe in a masochistic "srancky" way (my fault), anyway I'm eager for more.

Congrats for the book, I never read something like TUC. I'm still stunned.

The No-God  :o , and ZDC confirmation  ;D. A great day. Thanks for coming by .

Yes, great indeed, thank you, Mr. Bakker, you have made may day.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:17:56 pm by Woden »
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.