• 1 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Looking for people to help immortalize some of Bakker's more interesting quotes from each book, so I am making this and similar topics for each book. There is the site, called wikiquotes, that is essentially for quoting your author, so Truth Shines' idea was that we could compile a large list of quotes and make a pretty epic page for Bakker.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/R._Scott_Bakker

If you'd like to see any quotes added, post them here and me or someone else will hopefully get around to putting them up on the wiki. Also, if possible, provide the page number, who said it, and the edition (including country).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 04:27:26 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
couple of good ones.
"Fear. This is how you ask the question. For you are Men, and fear is ever the way your race questions great things"

" I remember ... I remember asking a wise man, once ... though whether it was last year or a thousand years ago I cannot tell. I asked him, 'Why do men fear the dark?' I could tell he thought the question wise, though I felt no wisdom in asking it. 'Because darkness,' he told me, 'is ignorance made visible.' 'And do men despise ignorance?' I asked. "No,' he said, 'they price it above all things - all things! - but only so long as it remains invisible.' "
both TJE, USA large edition, POV Achamian, Speaker Cleric.