Study of Aporos Among Nonmen

• 27 Replies

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 12:47:36 pm »
Ok. Well wonder how that got a c horae hoard then if the Apororetic sorcerers are at the Ark?
This is specifically addressed in the TUC glossary.

(click to show/hide)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »
Quote from:  Sausuna
This is specifically addressed in the TUC glossary.

SPOILER (click to show/hide)

Thank you!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:49 am »
I agree on all accounts except that it was even before the Consult. The Inchoroi gave Chorae and the Tusk to the Tribes of Men.
The Consult began with the School of Mangaecca breaking into the Ark and finding Aurax and Aurang.
Yes, I was imprecise with my terms. I keep forgetting they're not technically 'The Consult' until Men join them. :)
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 07:52:49 am »
The Aporos was banned to keep it out of the hands of the Inchoroi, who had been able to convince parts of Viri to ally with them and who also possessed hyper tech death rays and other pieces of sci-fi badassery.  Some Aporetics defected to the Inchoroi and made Chorae to protect their masters and arm their servants, but they only got so much mileage over the latter as Sranc and Bashrag are too stupid to be good at using Chorae.  This lead to the Inchoroi trying to subvert the human vassals of the Nonmen and the humans giving their Chorae to their Nonman masters in tribute out of fear of the Nonmen's wrath.  That in turn lead the Inchoroi to give the men beyond the gates the Tusk. 

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »
The Aporos was banned to keep it out of the hands of the Inchoroi
I actually don't remember this stated as the initial reason with any kind of clarity. As far as I remember, the information available can be interpreted as Aporos being forbidden even before the Arkfall.

JerakoKayne

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 05:01:01 pm »
The basic idea is this: the Quya first developed the Aporos in the prosecution of their own
intercine wars, but it was quickly forbidden. The arrival of the Inchoroi allowed several
renegade Quya to pursue their sorcerous interrogations, leading to the production of tens of
thousands of Chorae, which were used throughout the Cuno-Inchoroi wars.

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 12:59:12 pm »
The quote is much appreciated, Jerako! Though, the why isn't well elucidated in that statement. It sounds like either it was too devastating or perhaps sacrilege. I've had kind of a pet theory that somehow chorae relate to oblivion in a way. But yeah, it did sound like (even before) that it was banned some time ago for reasons.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 03:38:06 pm »
The quote is much appreciated, Jerako! Though, the why isn't well elucidated in that statement. It sounds like either it was too devastating or perhaps sacrilege. I've had kind of a pet theory that somehow chorae relate to oblivion in a way. But yeah, it did sound like (even before) that it was banned some time ago for reasons.

I always figured that it was too much of an existent threat to the Noman power balance.  Chorae were certainly a threat that could push power from Quya to Ishroi if they got their hands on them.  No doubt the Quya would not want such a dramatic shift in the balance of power.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »

I always figured that it was too much of an existent threat to the Noman power balance.  Chorae were certainly a threat that could push power from Quya to Ishroi if they got their hands on them.  No doubt the Quya would not want such a dramatic shift in the balance of power.
I'm really conflicted and still need to look into more. I might have mentioned it elsewhere.

(click to show/hide)

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 04:59:36 pm »
The word you're forgetting would be "Elision".

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 05:06:57 pm »
The word you're forgetting would be "Elision".
Yes, thank you. Forgot one minor detail to the theory.
(click to show/hide)

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 03:59:50 pm »
'Elision' is most likely the act of "hiding one's Voice" (c.f. the use of the term in linguistics) from the Agencies of the Outside, rather than the act of seeking Oblivion per se. Of course, the former seems to be a necessary (but not sufficient) prerequisite for succeeding at the latter.

The Deepest Deep is doubly interesting, because in Nonman metaphysics geographic depth is associated with the past. The implication may be that the Nonmen were not always damned, and that one of the theoretical approaches to seeking Oblivion lies in recovering that lost past (perhaps by de-evolving one's soul to a pre-sapient state, hence becoming invisible to Judgement just as animals are?)
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »
This was an interesting thread. Some thoughts still left half thought, or unanswered. Still great though.
One of the other conditions of possibility.