It has begun

• 4 Replies

Conditioned

• Emwama
  • Instructions: blather, rinse, repeat if necessary.
    • View Profile
« on: August 24, 2019, 02:53:11 pm »
The skinnies are coming!

https://youtu.be/LarJtrHNJME

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 08:49:34 pm »
This is actually pretty damn wild, very interesting video. I now have a proper mental image of how Sranc might actually 'outrun a horse', lol.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 01:00:25 pm »
This is actually pretty damn wild, very interesting video. I now have a proper mental image of how Sranc might actually 'outrun a horse', lol.

Yeah, I mean, just imagine how much more "effective" it could be if their arms were proportionally a little longer than a typical humans.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:24:00 pm »

Yeah, I mean, just imagine how much more "effective" it could be if their arms were proportionally a little longer than a typical humans.

...So, like most primate species lol.

Gorillas can charge pretty damn fast, but I dont know if it could outpace a horse at full gallop.

Granted, the grassland ponies The Great Ordeal rode were very far from thoroughbreds. Probably much closer to donkeys than what one might imagine war horses would typically look like.

I'd give it a solid maybe.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:56:34 pm »
...So, like most primate species lol.

Gorillas can charge pretty damn fast, but I dont know if it could outpace a horse at full gallop.

Granted, the grassland ponies The Great Ordeal rode were very far from thoroughbreds. Probably much closer to donkeys than what one might imagine war horses would typically look like.

I'd give it a solid maybe.

Sure, but (maybe wrongly) I think gorilla's have very arm strength and relatively lower leg strength.

I'm just supposing that a more "balanced" creature with just slightly elongated arms could give a small, malnourished quadruped a decent runs for it's money.  Really, that might not be far from the actual fact of human evolutionary fact, if the theories of humans as "endurance predators" are true.  In that sense, Sranc might also, sort of be as well.  Just be fast enough to keep the pressure up and you'll win, eventually.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira