• 36 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 05:52:10 pm »
Yeah maybe it had been a number of years since a hostile abduction of a mandati, and they just couldn't fully understand the consequences. They had grown bold in their arrogance and undisputed place at the top of the schoolmen hierarchy. We see this in TTT when they are getting wrecked by the primaries. Too much self confidence leading to disaster.

Iyokus was certainly over matched at that point. Considering jt took all those men to subdue him, 3 is just paltry . Clearly in the event of his escape he was not going to get re captured.

Like you said, they underestimated him twice, each time a disaster. Iyokus learned, Eli did not.. the second time they lost the sorcerers of rank, a contingent of javreh, and inevitably a handful of trinkets.

Still would love to have seen a concert of gnosis users. The concert of ss made a flaming tornado and multi headed dragons, I imagine the geometries and abstractions created by a gnostic concert would be mind bending. Theorems of layed magic simple too complex for one mind to complete.

One of the other conditions of possibility.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2016, 06:05:05 pm »
Still would love to have seen a concert of gnosis users. The concert of ss made a flaming tornado and multi headed dragons, I imagine the geometries and abstractions created by a gnostic concert would be mind bending. Theorems of layed magic simple too complex for one mind to complete.

Definitely!  Hoping to see some of that as the Ordeal starts fighting other sorcerers, Quya Erratics and Mangaecca.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2016, 06:13:02 pm »

Definitely!  Hoping to see some of that as the Ordeal starts fighting other sorcerers, Quya Erratics and Mangaecca.

Don't forget that the Siqu are still alive and are, presumably, somewhat Intact.  Some might possibly have been practicing the Gnosis since it's inception.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »
I'm sure the Swayali make a lovely choir.

Or an Anasurimbor metagnostic concert - a little family sing-along to burn the world to cinders.

But maybe thats outside the scope of this subforum ;).

Akka on the floor of the ruined library, laying on his back screaming wards, facing a firestorm, the world aflame with dragon heads and flaming sparrows, everything burning... A great scene for drawing methinks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:42:16 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2016, 10:07:57 pm »
The Spires are desperate for information after finding out Skaeos is a "cish" spy and Akka "knows" him. Plus the Mandate have entered the game killing informants and slicing off their faces.

Of course none of this is true, but it's the goad to kidnap Akka.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 06:58:07 pm »
Small tidbit from Chapter 15, conversation between the thing-named-Sarcellus and the Synthese:

Sarcellus became very still. "I play no game.  This man is Dunyain.  That's what the Scylvendi calls him.  She said there's no doubt."
"But there's no order called 'Dunyain' in Atrithau."
"No.  But then we know that he's not a prince of Atrithau."
The Old Name paused, as though to cycle large human thoughts through a small bird intellect.

"Human thoughts" means this Synthese isn't a vessel for Aurang or Aurax and instead, another human member of the Consult, maybe Shae, maybe someone who's yet to appear on-screen.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 06:36:02 pm »
Interesting find. I like to think it's a metaphor though and that Aurang was the only skin-tight handler during the First Holy War.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk