• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:00:07 am »
Yeah. Posting things. Crazy times :P.

Though Wilshire and I disagreed briefly on the particulars (for the reality of both our failing memories ;) ), it's my belief that shortly after the third or fourth Cast the group of us got tired of doing our semi-professional recordings. Not in the sense of disliking them, because they always seem to be a fun time that flies by during the experience, but that it was difficult being on our game for an entire uninterrupted Cast of freestylin' (as I know shit all about being a real audio editor, radio personality, or host - and have reached out for help at every opportunity). Every Cast that's been published was an almost polished, spontaneous, mostly referentially accurate, uncut conversation.

As not to spoil our ambitions to semi-frequently record Casts, during 2014-2015 there lasted an almost weekly Skype session - Wilshire called it our bar top once. I have been fortunate enough to have had really involved, intense, enlightening discussions with a number of our community members, both privately and in mixed groups, throughout which our unabashed pursuit of topic and courageous, honest engagement made me a fair many deeper friendships than I'd previously held. It almost also certainly landed us on the terrorists watch-lists of half a dozen nations around the world ;).

GJ, Wilshire, FB, and I had talked a couple months ago about restarting the Chats but I've been working two kitchens, seven days a week, since the end of September and so have been unable to pioneer any activity. I'd like to rectify that.

I'm making this thread so that anyone can schedule Skype Chats with each other. To facilitate, I believe Wilshire and I will continue to Skype periodically as we've done for years now but will reach out to the thread to alert any other interested parties. Indicated interest in this thread. I would suggest that anyone sharing Skype information do so via our PM system (and remember save a copy to outbox or sent folder so that if the page times out you can see via your Sent Messages whether your PM sent or not).

To assuage worries, we exclusively do audio as we've done for the Casts, though all those core members (minus SR) ended up meeting up last summer, probably largely as a result of these interactions.

Cheers.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:03:09 am by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:26:23 am »
This is the thread we talked about, I guess?
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 05:50:16 pm »
This is it ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:38:49 am »
I'm down for a cast or just to discuss any and all things TSA with those who are interested. I'm not the world's most reliable person long-term scheduling-wise, but I make up for it with being pretty flexible when it comes to actual timing and or day/night or timezone differences and so forth. I can also talk at length about damn near anything lol. Anyone who wants to shoot the shit sometime please feel free to PM me and we can swap Skype names! (I can also speak via other mediums if one so desires -- Google Hangouts, Discord, whatever works).

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:56:57 pm »
Original post in this thread was Feburary 1st, 2017 ;) .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:21:12 pm »
Original post in this thread was Feburary 1st, 2017 ;) .

It's just that time of year...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:15:49 pm »
Sweet spot between post-new-year's-resolutions and pre-Q2-work-rampup maybe.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 01:53:58 pm »
Sounds about right ;).

After my PKD lecture series is over next week, I'll think about pushing for these again as use of my free evening time once a week.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer