• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »
Dragon's Dogma.
Kingdoms of Amalur.

I had a lot of fun playing Dragon's Dogma. I'd recommend it. If you get the Shivering Isles release it comes with an extra dungeon thats totally worth it. The combat is real time and, at least for me, extremely enjoyable. The level cap is 200 and there is a new game+ feature that some find entertaining. For me, leveling to 100+ in Shivering Isles and collecting some of the insane end-game gear was a lot of fun, probably spent 100 hours on it if not more. I with the dev team had more money, because this game could have been a real gem. Its dark and gritty, especial the option dungeon. Play it.

Also another with a good combat system was Kingdoms of Amalur. The team who put it together spent a ton of money on it, and it shows. End game is a bit underwhelming, but the crafting and leveling system is good and the story/sidequests are fun. Combat draws you and and keeps things entertaining for a while, though I would have loved to see some better post-game content (without DLC there isn't any to speak of, and I don't often do DLC). A much lighter atmosphere than Dragon's Dogma, and although shorter, still a great game in its own right.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Garet Jax

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 11:12:59 pm »
Final Fantasy VII

Suikoden I & II

Front Mission III

Xenogears

Lost Odyssey

Secret of Mana

KotoR I & II

I have played many more, but those are the games that I remember.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 11:37:28 pm »
Remember... So they caused you great pain? That sounds terrible.

Garet Jax

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 08:30:01 pm »

It's all relative Wilshire...   ;)

mas·och·ism

n.

1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:46 pm »
Lol. Those definitions are interesting but also have some unreasonable premises.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 02:21:14 am »

It's all relative Wilshire...   ;)

mas·och·ism

n.

1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

Haha this brightened my day.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:20 pm »
I started replaying FFX on an emulator so that I could get the PAL/International edition in order to get access to an additional boss called Penance.

I thought it fitting when Sin destroys Kilika Port the debris swirls around it and he looks like a hurricane. Sin = No-God.

Davias

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 07:46:33 pm »
Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 for the SNES.
I loved these games as a kid and I love them till today.
Quite remarkable games ( Ok, I AM nostalgic about it, but my avatar might say something about my love for those games,  :D...)
I play Secret of Mana every two years, last year with a challenging hard mode.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:05:12 pm by Davias »

Raizen

• Suthenti
  • You have to be realistic about these things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 12:38:33 pm »
Now I know 2 and 3 were pretty bad, at least the way they finished, but I really enjoyed the first Fable game.  It was certainly magical in its own right and I played it around the age where the fantasy genre was all I could think about.  The RPG aspect, while not as free-form as the Elder Scrolls games, was still a fun experience.  All 3 games had pretty decent battle mechanics and I actually enjoyed most of the NPC encounters (and kicking the shit out of chickens).  Fable 2 would have probably been my favorite if not for the giant middle finger of an ending they decided to throw at you...
Wisdom was naught but cunning made
grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 06:39:38 pm »
+1 Raizen. Loved the feel of that game, although I never played 2 and 3.

Raizen

• Suthenti
  • You have to be realistic about these things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »
2 and 3 introduce guns, which I was pretty hesitant at first but they do grow on you.  The feel is still the same in 2 and 3 but it grows in size.  2 is set more in a settler "new frontier" setting and 3 is set during an industrial kingdom time period, sort of like the French revolution.  2 was great the whole way through until an ending without a boss battle...literally no boss, a cut scene does it for you...but 3 was definitely much better, I actually enjoyed it almost as much as 1.  EDIT: It just wasn't as satisfying and it took a bit of a beating in some reviews.

Plus, there's a new one coming out set before game 1 in the age of Heroes!!  ;D
Wisdom was naught but cunning made
grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.