[TGO Spoilers] I finished the book, confused about something.

• 40 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 10:45:08 am »
My theory is Kellhus built the 2nd palace for the same reason the non-men built the threshold to hide from the gaze of gods. Esme then tells Kel about it, who seems to have exclusive use of it, only Esme, Kellhus and kel know about it

The thing has no practical use for Kellhus he doesn't need to run about the palace and spy on what folk are saying, he can see through fire, can see their thoughts etc. Ostensibly though it is a good cover story.

Better than Kellhus going, yeah i'm building a maze type thing so in a few years when i'm with the great ordeal you'll tell our youngest about it who will use it to spy on a god sent assassin unseen and then disrupt his plan to kill me when i return from Dagliash to spring the trap, and finally show the gods they can be blind.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »
I believe the blood on the ear lobes of the WLW was a blessing from Yatwer. A ritual type of thing. It was mentioned before when he met Esme in the throne room at the beginning of TGO and he asked him to clean his hands in the bowl. It is brought up then too.

Totally missed that.

My theory is Kellhus built the 2nd palace for the same reason the non-men built the threshold to hide from the gaze of gods. Esme then tells Kel about it, who seems to have exclusive use of it, only Esme, Kellhus and kel know about it

The thing has no practical use for Kellhus he doesn't need to run about the palace and spy on what folk are saying, he can see through fire, can see their thoughts etc. Ostensibly though it is a good cover story.

Better than Kellhus going, yeah i'm building a maze type thing so in a few years when i'm with the great ordeal you'll tell our youngest about it who will use it to spy on a god sent assassin unseen and then disrupt his plan to kill me when i return from Dagliash to spring the trap, and finally show the gods they can be blind.

As for the 2nd palace, totally agree that it seems to be of far more use to Kelmomas than Kellhus.

God blindness is an interesting topic. How does the piling of stone hide those in Earwa from the Gods? I want to think that it's much more difficult than that. I think there is something to do with topos in relation to Ishterebinth and how the depths are hidden from the Gods.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 09:17:15 pm »
I believe the blood on the ear lobes of the WLW was a blessing from Yatwer. A ritual type of thing. It was mentioned before when he met Esme in the throne room at the beginning of TGO and he asked him to clean his hands in the bowl. It is brought up then too.

Totally missed that.

As for the 2nd palace, totally agree that it seems to be of far more use to Kelmomas than Kellhus.

God blindness is an interesting topic. How does the piling of stone hide those in Earwa from the Gods? I want to think that it's much more difficult than that. I think there is something to do with topos in relation to Ishterebinth and how the depths are hidden from the Gods.

Yeah i've always thought the palace was built for Kel, so with the introduction of thresholds and methods using stone to hide from the gaze of the gods, i just appropriated that into my argument with nary a thought for anything else :P

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 11:40:21 pm »
Yea, but we are shown in Ish that the thresholds do not work. The Holy deeo, was the only way to escape the gaze of the gods. No, the hidden palace was just Kelmommas's playground.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »
Maybe this needs a new thread, maybe not, but I don't really understand the circumstances of Theliopa's death. Why was she in Kel's room? Why was she with the Narindar there? the Narindar says the line about "someone who was there when it happened," in the first chapter and also just before she dies.
Odaini Concussion Cant first, ask questions later...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »
Maybe this needs a new thread, maybe not, but I don't really understand the circumstances of Theliopa's death. Why was she in Kel's room? Why was she with the Narindar there? the Narindar says the line about "someone who was there when it happened," in the first chapter and also just before she dies.

I assume She was either going to kill Kelmommas or meeting the Narindar to have him off the crazy kid.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 11:39:59 pm »
such a bummer. she was one of my favorite-favorite characters.

it's so hard to figure out since she doesn't feel surprise. she could be there with him or just not show any surprise that he's there.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:44:27 pm by Cnaiur vs Karsa vs Drogo »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 12:05:11 am »
such a bummer. she was one of my favorite-favorite characters.

it's so hard to figure out since she doesn't feel surprise. she could be there with him or just not show any surprise that he's there.

Don't forget....she was Dûnyain.

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »
Did anyone catch Kelhus referring to Yatwer as his sister just before killing psatma?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2016, 05:23:23 am »
Did anyone catch Kelhus referring to Yatwer as his sister just before killing psatma?

Yea, and I was thinking about that in regards to H's theory that Kellhus is the TTT and the voices and dreams are him. If that's true and eventually Kellhus's domain is the Outside, then Yatwer would be his sister.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »
He's claimed that about the Gods before IIRC. It's part of the act.