• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 08:13:32 pm »
What sort of armies do you guys play?

Right now, I am trying to get back into 40k and am working on my Necrons.  I also have a decent sized Adetptus Ministorum (Sisters) army, but it isn't even really tabletop ready.  I have a bit of Ork stuff, but it's not built and I had some Chaos Marines, but I sold most of them.  I do have a ton of Deamons, but they aren't built and those that are were put on square bases, not round.

I have a ton of fantasy stuff, Dark Elves, Vampires, Skaven, Orks, Choas, Deamons, Tomb Kings, High Elves and some Lizardmen.  Most of it is built, but I have a lot of unbuilt boxes left.  Poor Fantasy though, I never bothered with Age of Sigmar.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 08:35:38 pm »
What sort of armies do you guys play?

Right now, I am trying to get back into 40k and am working on my Necrons.  I also have a decent sized Adetptus Ministorum (Sisters) army, but it isn't even really tabletop ready.  I have a bit of Ork stuff, but it's not built and I had some Chaos Marines, but I sold most of them.  I do have a ton of Deamons, but they aren't built and those that are were put on square bases, not round.

I have a ton of fantasy stuff, Dark Elves, Vampires, Skaven, Orks, Choas, Deamons, Tomb Kings, High Elves and some Lizardmen.  Most of it is built, but I have a lot of unbuilt boxes left.  Poor Fantasy though, I never bothered with Age of Sigmar.
Haha yeah. The ironic thing is that fantasy was aesthetically superior to 40k. To me, 40k is a manchild neckbeard, whereas fantasy is a nerdy guy who does have a large and unkempt beard but works out and is decently intelligent. Got any Clan Moulder stuff? They are the most Tleilaxu-ish faction in Fantasy.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 08:55:33 pm »
Haha yeah. The ironic thing is that fantasy was aesthetically superior to 40k. To me, 40k is a manchild neckbeard, whereas fantasy is a nerdy guy who does have a large and unkempt beard but works out and is decently intelligent. Got any Clan Moulder stuff? They are the most Tleilaxu-ish faction in Fantasy.

I have a ton of Skaven, more Pestilence and Skyre stuff than Moulder, but I have more than a unit of pretty much everything they ever made.  I even have some of the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) edition Clan Rats, plus more new in box.  When I get a chance, I made a kit-bashed Hellpit Abomination when the army book first came out featuring it, but with no model for it.  It's hard to photo right now, because it's primed black and I tried, failingly to basecoat parts of it.  Once I get my airbrush set up, I might try it out on that to give it a good base and paint it a bit, so one could see what it looks like.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 02:44:55 pm »
Ah, wish I learned to play 40k, so many know it and love it. Here's to seeing some of your work, H. TL, you got anything to share?
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 04:04:34 pm »
Ah, wish I learned to play 40k, so many know it and love it. Here's to seeing some of your work, H. TL, you got anything to share?

8th edition is pretty "simple" all things considered, but of course that depends on general familiarity with the system, but they really did stream-line most of the aspects of the game.  I'd bet you could probably pick up the rules in 1-2 games with a reasonable person teaching you.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2018, 12:22:45 am »
I need a favor - for those of you depraved enough to have a Facebook account, can you join this group for 16 days? You can stay in it indefinitely, of course, but if you don't mind helping out, we have a "social" stretch goal for this game based on number of Facebook members. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a materialistic pile of shit, but you guys don't judge and accept me for who I am  :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/blackrosewarsofficialfangroup/

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2018, 02:39:53 am »
Happy to oblige, Tao!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 11:33:33 am »
I had heard about that Kickstarter.  Joined the group for you.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 06:29:51 pm »
Happy to oblige, Tao!

I had heard about that Kickstarter.  Joined the group for you.

You guys are rock stars, thank you so much! They've released MORE mad cool figures just today, sigh - I'm in love. Malacoda, Barbariccia, Hashomer to name a few. This game is making me love! Manipulation! Dunyain creators here!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 12:03:07 pm »
Gloomhaven, anyone seen it, anyone played it?
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/174430/gloomhaven

pic of some of the miniatures: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3113798/gloomhaven?size=large

A bit pricey maybe, but boardgames with miniatures tend to be. Looks pretty cool. Kind of like D&D light for filthy casuals (like myself).

Steam has a tabletop sim of it for playing online. $20 for the tabletop sim, download for gloomhaven is free...
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1340508741
For those with an adequate number of friends but short on funds, its not a bad solution.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:08:03 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 02:12:53 pm »
I've heard Gloomhaven is good.  I know some people that play it, from the group of people I play some card games with.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »
I haven't played Gloomhaven, but it's very popular with board gaming enthusiasts. It's a regular being compared with new game reviews, so it's a high bar for ranking games.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 06:09:52 pm »
Solomon Kane Kickstarter is getting interesting. The live videos with Leo, the creator with Mythic Games, are fun. He's so enthusiastic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/solomon-kane/description

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 01:56:27 am »
Not sure if the game is any good, but man, the mini's in this one truly amaze, check it out. Be sure to scroll down to the Add-on's for the 75mm renders. Had it out with some piles of shit calling backers misogynistic. I was even being nice, but apparently you're either with the "movement" to obliterate feminine objectification or you're against it ... sigh ... fools don't see they're hurting their cause, not helping it by insulting people you don't know out of the gate.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limbominiatures/limbo-eternal-war/description

Here's a tasty one  :)