Earwa > General Earwa

[TUC Spoilers] Nascenti of Zaudunyanicon

(1/33) > >>

Madness:
Forum,

Hello, how are you? It's been a Zaudunyanicon since I read you last!

So...

I made this thread so that forum members can sound the Nine Nascenti on what they experienced at Zaudunyanicon 2017! I'm also going to make a thread about what we'd like to see at "next years" Zaudunyanicon (in perpetuity).

The Nascenti (thank you, pail) are Hand of Yawgmoth, pail, Tivadar, Camlost, arrogantfascist, mrganondorf (bakkerfans), Wilshire, and Thing called Sarcellus. Feel free to ask them "What Did You See?" ;)

Bakker's brother (of The Second Apocalypse trailer fame) recorded much of Friday night and Saturday's interactions. There also may be some forthcoming audio recordings. Among... countless other nuggets.

It was well and truly overwhelming - and I have had the benefit of previous interactions.

Friday the first hour was a very informal chat session before Bryan Bakker (Bakker's brother) formalized us into shape and the night continued as half Bakker waxing on any given number of subjects/half Q&A. A side note, Bakker is very interested in ideas for some kind of prequel novel to help "grease the stairs" into TDTCB. Friday night, the hotel restaurant opened for the 12 of us (including Bakker, his brother, and his wife) so that we could continue socializing beyond our event space time (which a number of us did until almost 2am between the bar and Wilshire's hotel room).

Saturday the group of us did breakfast (to which I was late, of course) and then chatted for a time in our event space before forming a D&D session and a crash-course of William R's "The Vulgar Holy War (which ran quite nicely up until we really got going and Bakker showed up). Bakker's brother filmed some round-table interviews across Friday night and Saturday afternoon following which Bakker signed everyone's books (including Wracu-Wilshire's entire Coffers!) and all the posters that Somnambulist generously allowed us to print (forthcoming thread about a signed poster/Zaudunyanicon 2017 patch giveaway). Then Bakker proceeded to yield us an unadulterated story Q&A that seemed to last far longer than intended (the hotel graciously allowed us the space far longer than our respectively booked times), which you can and should ply the Nascenti about.

Saturday evening, the group of us went out for dinner and then proceeded to drink/not drink and play Tak and euchre and Quarto and talk endlessly about the series, TUC, the weekend, life, the universe, and everything in Wilshire's room until about 3-4am on Sunday.

Sunday morning we met up for breakfast and then proceeded to mourn the quickness of time and wish everyone Strength on the Journey on their various slogs home.

I have plenty of pictures incoming from the Nascenti, the forthcoming polished and possibly raw recordings from Bakker the Brother, as well as possible audio recordings from the weekend to release so I will keep everyone updated.

Cheers.

And in the meantime, ply the Nascenti here!

Hiro:
 8)

Madness:
Just edited a bit but I already relayed most of this to you, Hiro :).

Woden:
Awesome.
 What did you see? What are you?

MSJ:
Did y'all find meaning?

For real though, what's the best piece of info gleaned from the man that would have us shitting and giggling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version