Will Akka and co even make it back to the TS?

• 49 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:35 pm »
The next change of scene also starts with the shroud as well, so it;s mentioned 3 times in a row. Once when "Greater Mimara" might move it. Once when Malowebi on the high horn is relived he can't see shit now and then When Akka is thinking not like this.
To clarify, what I mean is, Mimara sees the Shroud falling (the event happens), but imagines herself moving it instead of just normally assuming it to be a force of nature unconnected to her. Her consciousness is drifting, that's why it's so strangely written.

I understand i'm just not sure what distinguishes the two interpretations. It might be poetic it might be literal.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »
I understand i'm just not sure what distinguishes the two interpretations. It might be poetic it might be literal.
Nothing more than empirical evidence. Mimara haven't moved the world before. In the Wight incident she exorcised something that didn't belong, and it required the use of a Chorae.

Bakker is prone to being poetic, this would hardly be the first time.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2018, 11:30:32 am »
Nothing more than empirical evidence. Mimara haven't moved the world before. In the Wight incident she exorcised something that didn't belong, and it required the use of a Chorae.

Bakker is prone to being poetic, this would hardly be the first time.

Well she still has the Chorae in fact she has two now, well at that point she did. She did affect reality in the mountain. She forgave Galian (sp?) she also has the ability to know things she cannot know about the material world. This could be an extension of knowledge , just like sorcery is.

She could also see beyond the Chorae as well.

I personally don't think it's conclusive at all.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2018, 12:49:26 pm »
Well she still has the Chorae in fact she has two now, well at that point she did.
She does, but she doesn't use them in that sequence. There is no mention of it.

She did affect reality in the mountain. She forgave Galian (sp?) she also has the ability to know things she cannot know about the material world. This could be an extension of knowledge , just like sorcery is.
She knows things, yes. So far, it's her "common" supernatural power, which is well observed. The Wight incident is the only exception, and it required additional tools and very specific circumstances.

Forgiving Galian changed nothing save for her (and possibly the Judging Eye's, though it's less clear) perception of him.

Obviously, nothing is conclusive, but it looks much more like a stylistic thing than a narrative one, and has a clear purpose as such. There is no need to add some new supernatural power to Mimara's arsenal. At least, as of yet. You can still be very right.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2018, 10:58:26 am »
Another side of the problem is Qirri. It seems to impart this "i'm one with everything feeling", Serwa gets it and wonders if this is like what it is to be father, before  chorae from nowhere wrecks that, and she finds out it is just like father.