[TUC Spoilers] Nascenti of Zaudunyanicon

• 163 Replies

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 04:22:22 pm »
More cool stuff... thanks for sharing.

Sarl -   :o - with Kosoter...?

What about the tapestries, any light on the meaning and whereabouts of the Ekkinû, for instance?
Mystery denotes darkness

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 04:25:20 pm »
- "Kellhus is dead but not done."

I wonder if that means we'll see Kellhus in the Outside as it has been suggested (or the Baby Kellhus theory is not truly dead after all... :P).

- I missed a couple portions of Saturday but as I have always a big proponent of Fanimry it was relayed to me later that no in-world interpretation about the state of the World, the Outside, and the reality of Earwa is right; Memgowa, then Ajencis have come up with the best interpretations but Fane is among the most wrong.

Broke my heart, though Meppa is definitely alive and his story continues in TNG.

That's an interesting revelation, I was never particularly attached to Fanimry myself but I wasn't expecting that.
Glad to know Meppa is definitely still alive. :)

Also, Sarl's story continues in TNG!

Oh, wow, can you believe I had almost forgotten about him by this point? Having him show up again will be entertaining for sure.

Good overview Madness, but, among other things, you didn't even mention The Crabiciad...

The epic tale of how Crabicus/the Boy will save the World single-handedly? ;)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:55 pm »
Kellhus, Shauriatis, Halos, Fanimry. All fucking amazing.

If you guys ever want to do this in the UK, I'm in!
You are the fist that beats us.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 04:47:26 pm »
Pictures!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 04:49:31 pm »
MG just sent me a bunch and Tivadar is likewise forwarding some along! There will be many pictures to come. Not to mention cuts of footage that Bakker the Brother took over the two days.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29:16 pm »
- I missed a couple portions of Saturday but as I have always a big proponent of Fanimry it was relayed to me later that no in-world interpretation about the state of the World, the Outside, and the reality of Earwa is right; Memgowa, then Ajencis have come up with the best interpretations but Fane is among the most wrong.

I know I posted it before and I think I talked about it in a cast, but indeed, I never bought Fane's interpretation as being "correct."
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 05:35:53 pm »
Awesome.
 What did you see? What are you?

Lol, I think I've described a portion of what I saw above.

Seriously, brain just feels overloaded right now - though that could have been the beers as well.

After this weekend, I am the Lesser Madness living and dreaming and hoping while the Greater Madness plays its game ;).

Did y'all find meaning?

For real though, what's the best piece of info gleaned from the man that would have us shitting and giggling.

I feel like there was a pretty extensive conversation regarding morality on Friday night. One great line that got a laugh, I think, was "Would you ask Mohammad to rewrite the Quran?"

I'm also interested in knowing what you guys learned from the Q&A, anything surprising/intriguing that hadn't come up before in the AMA?

- "Kellhus is dead but not done."

Broke my heart, though Meppa is definitely alive and his story continues in TNG.

Also, Sarl's story continues in TNG!

Plenty of others but I will let others divulge as the Nascenti all take time to digest.

Bakker seemed pretty ready to talk about whatever we asked about. Just a couple RAFO's, and explicitly "no questions about halos". Other than that, he seemed happy to indulge us.

I was, of course, very pleased to hear about this about the halo questions ;).

So... was anything revealed about the fate of Shaeönanra?
And did anybody ask about Kellhus telling Proyas that the Inchoroi must win at some point :D?

Others can answer better than I but we brought up the theories his Q&A/AMA answers about Shauriatas had spawned and it's a big ol' RAFO.

I don't think we got a chance to query regarding "the Inchoroi must win."
Haha, even Bakker doesn't know the Truth about Kellhus.

Also, wasn't Meppa right about the Hundred being demons?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:04:29 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

jurble

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 06:41:12 pm »
He's not wrong that the Gods have the same qualities as Ciphrang, they're just bigger.  But the fundamental part of the Fanim worldview is that God exists apart from Creation and that the Outside isn't the 'real' afterlife, but is Hell and the real afterlife is something believers in Fanimry can attain by escaping the Outside and its demons.   So in practicality the Fanim are trying to achieve Oblivion like the Nonmen, but for completely wrong reasons and under incorrect assumptions (that there exists an afterlife beyond the Outside).

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 07:11:47 pm »
Some quotes of Memgowa to clarify things:

“The vulgar think the God by analogy to man and so worship Him in the form of the Gods. The learned think the God by analogy to principles and so worshp Him in the form of Love or Truth. But the wise think the God not at all. They know that thought, which is finite, can only do violence to the God, who is infinite.”

That thought is near the Kellhus talk about God as a It.

"If the immutable appears recast, then you yourself have been transformed."

And the immutable appears recast to me - is not the Consult trying to recast the immutable?

“In life, your soul is but the extension of your body, which reaches inwards until it finds its centre in spirit. In death, your body is but the extension of your soul, which reaches outward until it finds its circumference in flesh. In both instances, all things appear the same. Thus are the dead and the living confused.”

WOW.

“If all human events possess purpose, then all human deeds possess purpose. And yet when men vie with men, the purpose of no man comes to fruition: the result always falls somewhere in between. The purpose of deeds, then, cannot derive from the purposes of men, because all men vie with all men. This means the deeds of men must be willed by something other than men. From this it follows that we are all slaves. Who then is our Master?

THIS.

"Souls can no more see the origins of their thought than they can see the backs of their heads or the insides of their entrails. And since souls cannot differentiate what they cannot see, there is a peculiar sense in which the soul cannot self-differentiate. So it is always, in a peculiar sense, the same time when they think, the same place where they think, and the same individual who does the thinking. Like tipping a spiral on its side until only a circle can be seen, the passage of moments always remains now, the carnival of spaces always sojourns here, and the succession of people always becomes me. The truth is, if the soul could apprehend itself the way it apprehended the world -- if it could apprehend its origins -- it would see that there is no now, there is no here, and there is no me. In other words, it would realize that just as there is no circle, there is no soul."

Again: THIS.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 07:42:03 pm »
Any theories on why questions about halos are forbidden, besides the obvious lack of clarification around them throughout the series?

Also, what prompted him to say that? Did someone ask about them first or did he simply say "no questions about halos" before the Q&A began?

dharmakirti

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 07:48:19 pm »
It sounds like a great time was had. 

I really wanted to go and I feel bad that my inability to plan more than a day or two ahead got in the way of doing something that would have meant a lot to me. 

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:17:57 pm by dharmakirti »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 07:53:39 pm »
Also, what prompted him to say that? Did someone ask about them first or did he simply say "no questions about halos" before the Q&A began?

Somewhere near the start of Friday Q/A somone asked a questions about something, Kellhus maybe?, and in the answers he tacked on "and no questions about halos" - that is my vague memory. Good thing I got recordings and we won't have to rely on my shit memory once we type it up.

-And no, I have no intention of posting the recordings. Some moments were not for the rest of you. Come to the next one ;) . Bakker the Younger will be posting plenty of stuff for you all eventually, and we'll be posting pictures. I've got a great one of him signing the Coffers :D .
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:58:02 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:12 pm »
Nobody asked about Likaro?
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Spooky

• Emwama
  • An Echo Made Manifest
    • View Profile
    • In Pursuit of Perception
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 08:03:46 pm »

Somewhere near the start of Friday Q/A somone asked a questions about something, Kellhus maybe?, and in the answers he tacked on "and no questions about halos" - that is my vague memory. Good thing I got recordings and we won't have to rely on my shit memory once we type it up.

-And no, I have no intention of posting the recordings. Some moments were not for the rest of you. Come to the next one ;) . Bakker the Younger will be posting plenty of stuff for you all eventually, and we'll be posting pictures. I've got a great one of him signing the Coffers :D .

Petty. Almost nauseatingly similar to jealous small-minded disciples hoarding their master's words for temporal power.  This author, future Zaudunyani cons and this work will not be served by secrecy of any kind.  Martin, Abercrombie and Rothfuss are most well served by fans shouting to the heaven's and across reddit anytime they get a chance to hear thoughts from their favorite scribe.

Get out of the way and spread the word.

Edit(s): Added the damage to future cons and grammar.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:16:10 pm by Spooky »

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 04:00:50 am »

Petty. Almost nauseatingly similar to jealous small-minded disciples hoarding their master's words for temporal power.  This author, future Zaudunyani cons and this work will not be served by secrecy of any kind.  Martin, Abercrombie and Rothfuss are most well served by fans shouting to the heaven's and across reddit anytime they get a chance to hear thoughts from their favorite scribe.

Get out of the way and spread the word.

Edit(s): Added the damage to future cons and grammar.

I don't think that's entirely fair. Wilshire has already been kind enough to share alot with us, and will probably continue to share with us. While I do.wish that he would share the recording, he has no obligation to, and I understand why he wouldn't. Bakker probably told the nascenti to keep certain things confidential to avoid spoilers for the rest of us