nin'janjin

• 20 Replies

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 11:03:49 pm »
Anybody else glad that nin'janjin got his revenge at the end and that cujara got 'shafted' so to speak. Like honestly Cujara is kind of the architect of his own race's demise.
Dunno if it's "engineer@prometeus" aestethics with all their marble skin and perfection, but cunuroi always looked to me like an equivalent of olympian gods. Where ciphrangs are titans and inchoroi reside among chtonic monsters, nonmen are humans exaggerated in everything.

So, yes, I`m glad.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 02:56:40 pm »
I loved the reveals about Nin'janjin and the Viroi that we got in TGO. Basically the Samurai of Nonmen.

There's also an interesting line somewhere during the Battle of Dagliash in which the Sranc are referred to as "Sons of Nin'Janjin". I wonder if perhaps Nin'janjin was the first specimen the Inchoroi used to crack the Nonman's bios and create the Sranc? Might also be how they learned how to make the first Inoculation for Nin'janjin himself.

Good catch, I think such a thing is almost certain.

Also, his bios is almost assuredly what they used to fashion the Immortality Treatment, AKA the Womb Plague.

Ironically enough, the Womb Plague is so doubly Cû’jara-Cinmoi's fault, since he forced Nin'janjin's hand by denying them help and even capitalizing on an exigent disaster to consolidate his (and Siöl's) own power.  It's plausbile that the Inchoroi would have eventually captured a Nonman and so reverse engineered their bios anyway, but considering that the Womb Plauge came as a side effect to the Inchoroi attempting to actually save their Nonman allies, there may well have been Sranc and Bashrags, but no Womb Plauge if Viri (and so Nin'janjin's) hand were not so forced.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 06:57:02 am »
Surely the womb plague was the main plan all along though? They gave  them the immortality as a way in, otherwise why would the Cunoroi let them "operate" on them?

So the WP was not a side effect at all. It was intended from the start, and they used Nin as a pawn to entice the others in.
You are the fist that beats us.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 11:16:39 am »
Surely the womb plague was the main plan all along though? They gave  them the immortality as a way in, otherwise why would the Cunoroi let them "operate" on them?

So the WP was not a side effect at all. It was intended from the start, and they used Nin as a pawn to entice the others in.

Bakker has said it started as a way to make their Nonman allies immortal, just like them.  It inadvertently had the side effect of killing the women and so the Inchoroi rolled it out to everyone, knowing full well what would happen.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 12:09:55 pm »

Bakker has said it started as a way to make their Nonman allies immortal, just like them.  It inadvertently had the side effect of killing the women and so the Inchoroi rolled it out to everyone, knowing full well what would happen.

Link to RSB's answer on the Womb-Plague:

http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1865.msg27782#msg27782

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 03:24:52 am »
Anybody else glad that nin'janjin got his revenge at the end and that cujara got 'shafted' so to speak. Like honestly Cujara is kind of the architect of his own race's demise.

I'm not sure I'm glad, but both Cû’jara-Cinmoi and Nin’janjin both behaved pretty shortsightedly, both pre-Pir-Pahal and post.

I'm not sure either really got "what they deserved" as such, but Cû’jara-Cinmoi is definitely eminently responsible for the Inchoroi even having a chance of defeating the Nonmen.  In the end though, it's a story of really all-too-human hubris though.  Which is part of the sort of parable that the Nonmen (and Inchoroi) are, as examples of the dangers of Post-Humanism.

HARD TO ACT SHORT-SIGHTED ABOUT WHAT IS HIDING IN INVISIBLE IGNORANCE