[TUC spoilers] "I know the truth of Him! ....I know what He is!"

• 7 Replies

TheHangedMan

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:53:49 pm »
So, did a Seswatha reveal end up being cut from the book? I saw it teased in one of the promotional images for TUC and therefore suffered surprise (read: major blue balls) when we didn't find out Seswatha's secret and why the changing dreams.

As an aside,  Nau-Cayuti's parentage... after what we learn about him in TUC it seems obvious to conclude that he was a true blood son of Celmomas. However, Achamian dreaming himself as Nau-Cayuti (some of the best content the series IMO) is more easily explained if Nau-Cayuti was Seswatha's love child as has been speculated.

Has it ever been theorized that Seswatha was a bastard Anisurimbor? He and Celmomas were actually half brothers or cousins, and Nau-Cayuti was an affair product.

*edited out a possible minor spoiler from the title
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:23:54 am by TheHangedMan »

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:11:03 am »
He dreams of Nau-Cayuti because the homunculus inside every Mandate Schoolman is actually Shauriatas not Seswatha. The Mandate was designed to ensure that one day the might of the remaining human civilizations died bringing an Anasurimbor to Golgotterath.

(click to show/hide)

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 12:21:25 am »
He dreams of Nau-Cayuti because the homunculus inside every Mandate Schoolman is actually Shauriatas not Seswatha. The Mandate was designed to ensure that one day the might of the remaining human civilizations died bringing an Anasurimbor to Golgotterath.

(click to show/hide)

Wow, that would have been fucking interesting.
Odaini Concussion Cant first, ask questions later...

TheHangedMan

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 12:22:23 am »

I almost missed your spoiler and was about to ask for citations. I kind of like that theory on its surface, as a Shauriatas "fan" :P.

fecklessfool

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:51:30 am »
Wouldn't the No-God not be damned as no one on the Outside can see him?

So why did Nau-Cayuti see himself as damned in the Inverse Fire?

Or is he not as No-God as Kel?

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:52 am »

I'm not sure we should equalise the soul that powers the Object with the No-God itself.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 02:15:54 pm »
So, did a Seswatha reveal end up being cut from the book? I saw it teased in one of the promotional images for TUC and therefore suffered surprise (read: major blue balls) when we didn't find out Seswatha's secret and why the changing dreams.

Lol, I tried to counsel MG about his teasers - which I will say were exceedingly difficult to come up with, what with zero input from TMH - and I warned the fans that any teasers by MG would reflect his interpretation of the text.

MG - if I may paraphrase you in your absence - wrote that teaser because he believes that the God in Celmomas' TGO Dream is Ajokli, not Gilgaol, and MG believes that Ajokli is responsible for the Dunyain and the Celmomian Prophecy.

EDIT: Also, welcome back, TheHangedMan :)!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 05:21:29 pm »

Excellent question. A shame we'll never know if Kel looked in the Inverse Fire and if he did what he saw.