About Ce Tydonn

• 1 Replies

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:18:06 pm »
Since Ce Tydonn is now what used to be Cengemis before being conquered by the Tydonni tribes, is the "Ce" part of the name a shortened form of Cengemis and is a sort of double barrelled name?

Cengemis + Tydonni invasion = Ce Tydonn

The Tydonni are never referred to as the Ce Tydonni, and the remaining Cengemi and called as such.

It was just a thought I had when I was trying to work out how to pronounce Ce Tydonn ( Say, Seh, Suh, Cay, Cuh?)

Pretty neat piece of world building if it was intentional.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:06:35 pm »
I think you are right, in the sense that the "Ce" comes from Cengemis.  I think it's place is sort of a "administrative" or "historical" artifact.

Not a great parallel but similar to how we call this the United States of America.  Yet no one would call themselves a "United States-er" or a "United States American," so they call themselves Tydonni, as the Ce speaks only to the nation itself, not it's people, per se.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira