You have just become God. What will you do?

• 28 Replies

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 01:33:43 pm »
Or we could be all of it, living under the spell of separation from the whole. Really hard to wrap your head around such bigness :P.

Every grain of sand could have a piece of the whole. However, I think both ideas simply bow to human-centrism and have always struck me (as in the ideas themselves) has being evidence of human conceit. I just don't think we can grasp enough to say one way or another. I don't think we are the final arbiters of of the Omnireality-being-thing, though?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 03:40:55 pm »
What will you do?
I will spend a lot of time (if that concept will remain applicable to me after my metaphysical change) to check, was I ever such god before being mortal human. All that because of an old story (not a best retelling, though, it should be limited to 3-5 sentenses and mostly direct speech).

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 06:19:37 pm »
Every grain of sand could have a piece of the whole. However, I think both ideas simply bow to human-centrism and have always struck me (as in the ideas themselves) has being evidence of human conceit. I just don't think we can grasp enough to say one way or another. I don't think we are the final arbiters of of the Omnireality-being-thing, though?

I agree, both sides of that coin shows you delusion. I am not even sure we are supposed to grasp it. I wonder what makes humans that convinced that we can, or should be able, to grasp these ideas?  Is it a cultural/religious thing?  Because to me it really seems like the more we look into it the less human it gets :P

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 04:23:29 am »
Everlasting heroin for everyone? Whats the point?
What's the point before I do that?

Pleasure is its own reward.

If you must feel that sense of accomplishment (which I really doubt you do. There's a reason synthetic opiates are so addictive), I can just give you that too. I'm God, after all.

dragharrow

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »
If you must feel that sense of accomplishment (which I really doubt you do. There's a reason synthetic opiates are so addictive), I can just give you that too. I'm God, after all.

It isn't about a sense of accomplishment. I agree with you, the drugs pretty much outclass any natural sensation and they're only getting better. Anyone who says that a sense of accomplishment feels better than drugs hasn't tried drugs. But sensations are not ends in and of themselves. Hedonism is a dead end.

Pleasure is its own reward.

No, it's not. Pleasure out of context is worthless. It's just a transmission of meaningless data.

Pleasure is a functional process. It has a purpose. It rewards you for doing things right and trains you to come back and do things right some more. It's part of the suite of heuristics by which we navigate the world and learn how to function.

Your emotions are there to program you. Pleasure tells you to keep doing whatever your doing. Pain tells you to never do that thing again. Ambition and greed make you climb the social hierarchy. Lust tells you to go have sex with a pretty girl.

Emotions drive us to go out and live life. They're processes in our mental code that push us around and teach us. And they're fine for that.

What would be the point of separating an emotion or a sensation from the rest of the program. It's literally like stripping a random chunk of code out of some computer program. The process is pointless on its on. It only has meaning as a functional part of the machine.

Do you really want to be a barely sentient pleasure loop? If you lived in constant ecstasy you would barely be alive. You would just be a broken robot. One circuit telling another circuit that everything is great. And that's all.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:13:58 pm by dragharrow »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 07:56:54 pm »
Maybe it's just in my mind, or my paradigm, but in god-hood wouldn't I be transcendent?

It seems like in that state, why should I care about anything?  I would be everything and nothing at once.

There doesn't seem to be any reason to give it up such a state, since I am all powerful, if something somehow displeased me, it would simply not be.  In other words, nothing could possibly displease me.

Naturally though, I am transcendent, so pleasure wouldn't even exist, so that is a rather silly thought in retrospect.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Francis Buck

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 04:58:43 am »
The fun thing about this thought experiment are all the ideals that people choose to assign a Godly entity, and thus thereby empower themselves. And vice-versa.

Wise Fool

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 06:13:39 am »
I would do what I was already doing. To become God is to become the absolute reality, the absolute sum of existence and consciousness. I would then directly experience all things, which is to say, I would continue to be aware of Myself in all my forms. To continue to be myself, being aware of God, would be in fact to discontinue myself, and "myself," which never really existed, would simply be re-absorbed into other forms the same way the water in waves is re-formed into other waves (or not-waves!) of the ocean. It would be much the same as if I died. Since I'll be dying anywho, I would therefore choose to "relinquish Godhood" in the sense of simply no longer being completely conscious of already being God and only see Myself through the aperture of my own human consciousness. The memory would be useful and possibly a good icebreaker at parties.

Thing called Sarcellus

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
    • Stabface Enterprises
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 12:56:58 am »
Difficult question to answer in all reality...  With lack of frame of reference on who/what God truly is and capable of.  To discuss things Godly, goodly, and theologically, one must tread very carefully.  People are delicate (especially these days) and who knows who will be offended by what next.

anyways...

The only really to do would be to recreate the entire universe, which is the only thing that everyone can all agree on that God ever did.  The only time that can be "verified" by any theologian, that The Lord had any influence on any or all of creation, was at what we know of as to be the beginning of time itself.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »
Hmmm I don't believe any God created the Universe.

As I imagine the Universe to contain and almost endless number of sentient beings I would be rather disappointed if this was all ruled by the Judeo Christian God or any other Human imagined diety.

I am quite happy to accept that the Universe arose spontaneously out of nothing and that before the bang there were no priors. I could accept a bounce LQG solution but again that is just pushing the cause back and going "turtles all the way down". I much prefer the something from nothing solution of the two though.

Francis Buck

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:21 pm »
I am quite happy to accept that the Universe arose spontaneously out of nothing and that before the bang there were no priors. I could accept a bounce LQG solution but again that is just pushing the cause back and going "turtles all the way down". I much prefer the something from nothing solution of the two though.

I more or less agree, although the way my brain seems to have rationalized the issue of something from nothing is that I'm inclined not to believe the universe (in it's entirety, so multiverse or omniverse or whatever it may be) is not a thing that is "changing", and the appearance of it having come for nowhere is a result of our misconception of time. This falls in line with block-universe ideas, I suppose. To put it another way, the universe didn't ever start, nor does it end. It's one complete thing that always has been, always will be, etc. What we perceive as the "beginning" (whether that's the big bang or something else) is just a particular part of that larger whole. So, it would be erroneous to think of the big bang as a beginning in the same sense that it's erroneous to think of one corner of a cube being the beginning of that cube.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 01:30:10 am »
Kill myself.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 11:06:40 am »
Kill myself.

For entertainment, or what?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 06:44:30 pm »
Go to give that shit back ASAP, can't be trusted with that sort of power i'm way too stupid and petty.