The Womb-Plague (A new theory, perhaps?)

• 60 Replies

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
Awesome find!  Definitely adds fuel to the fire.

I know this has been discussed before. But if the Nonmen were complicit in the death of their women, it would support the theory that the WP caused the women to give birth to the first Sranc. I mean, the fact that Sranc are corruptions of Nonmen can't be a coincidence, can it?

On a related note, did the Sranc come *after* the womb plague but *before* Pir-Pahal?

It's an idea that has been toyed with and the lack of a concrete timeline really gives us no definitive answer.  We have no idea how long was between Hanalinqû's death and (it wasn't Pir-Pahal but) Inniür-Shigogli, the “Black Furnace Plain.”, but anecdotal evidence says not very long, since Cû’jara-Cinmoi lay her corpse before the Ark.  If Nonmen decay at anywhere near the rate of humans, that isn't very long.

Considering this, I'd say that the idea that they made Sranc from being birthed by the Nonmen women very unlikely.  I think it was more the case that the Inchoroi had already been fooling with the Nonmen gnome for a good while before they even unleashed the Womb-Plague, in fact, it may be what allowed to fashion the ability to give the Nonmen immortality in the first place.  That doesn't discount the idea that Nonmen women were giving birth the Sranc and were killed because of it, just that Sranc seeminly must have predated the Womb-Plague, even if only by a few years.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira