Moenghus the Elder's (Other) Children

• 102 Replies

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 09:17:54 am »
well born women would almost certainly be much more intelligent than someone from the poorer classes
Not really. Better educated, yes. But really it'd be the opposite, retract difficult conditions for a few generations and you have a higher chance of the stupider genes slipping in, while a poor person with those genes might well be dead and thus unable to breed. Perhaps along with Yatwer, another textual flag in regard to the poor.

But that Esme happened to turn up just in the right place and time? Remember Kellhus actually loves her - the neural activity for that love is hidden away amongst everything, while K declares himself be beyond human or whatever. He's working in arc, rather than shortest lines.

Also the world conspires. Or in the end, the authors been showing his hand, quite explicitly, all along. It's the way we can keep looking past that authorial hand which is part of the lesson.

Also he had a bunch of ill fated concubines as well, because hey, when your the boss, just do whatchu wanna! Who's to say they weren't all carefully chosen for intelligence? Thus Esme being his wife doesn't really matter anyway, in regards to efficiency.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »
Haha EkyannusIII, maybe he figured he already had too many in there already so he choose another path.

Locke, I'm pretty sure they where chosen for intelligence. Esmi was the one that went looking for them. She didn't want to be forced to have his bizarre children so she tried her hardest to find the best possible replacements.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »
Locke, I'm pretty sure they where chosen for intelligence. Esmi was the one that went looking for them. She didn't want to be forced to have his bizarre children so she tried her hardest to find the best possible replacements.
Conditioned all the way down.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 06:33:37 pm »
I don't know about that. She seems to have her own free will when Kellhus isn't around. If anyone should be entierly under his control it should be Esmi. She should have turned into Serwe after so many years under his watchful gaze. And yet, when he goes, she hates.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 06:57:53 am »
you say that as though the first extensive manipulation we readers were privy to was not Kellhus using Cnaiur's hate to optimal advantage to facilitate the conditioning process.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »
Obviously, Achamian revealing the truth of the Dunyain to Esmenet was a wrench in Kellhus' domination. I think Kelmomas' manipulation of Esmenet is more recent and dominating that Kellhus' assuming Kelmomas isn't Kellhus' sleeper agent.

But Esmenet, obviously, is still doing whatever Kellhus wants her to do - because she believes, not because she is dominated.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 05:42:47 am »
Could Saccarees be a child of Big Moe?

Or is he too old?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 12:53:40 pm »
I don't think we know enough to hazard Saccarees' age.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »
I don't think we know enough to hazard Saccarees' age.

This is true, and yet ... his age is unmentioned, which means that it does not stand out.  Who is he commonly in the company of?  The other leaders of his leg of the Ordeal, and before that the leading Mandati and perhaps some other grandees of the Kellian Empire - he is dicussed as a known quantity, a famous figure, when he appears for the first time, so he had been a fixture in the new order of things for some time at least.  He could be unusually young for his degree of eminence, say, thirty or so... Yet now I am just reminded that Proyas was rather young himself in the First Holy War, and his age was rarely mentioned due to his royal rank. Too many factors, the trance has failed me!
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 07:43:43 am »
More crackpottery. 
Moenghus is Mimara's dad.
She really is Anasurimbor!

We know he moved through Nansur at the start of TDTCB.  Sorcery can be used to disguise.  We know Esme is good stock...  Age is right.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:46:15 am by Curethan »
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 07:45:01 pm »
More crackpottery. 

We know he moved through Nansur at the start of TDTCB.  Sorcery can be used to disguise.  We know Esme is good stock...  Age is right.

Are you sure the age is right? I can't remember her age or when Moe was around.

It does give credence to the idea that Mimara is the Harbinger, rather than Kellhus (though for me personally I don't see why that is important). Way more interesting is, if you believe that the Anasorimbor line has some Nonmen in it, then Mimara might have some. Her and Akka are awfully close to Ishterebinth, and Akka is wearing the Dead Kings armor. We already know that she had some strange affect on Cleric (because i cant spell his previous name), and with the King's armor, I bet there will be some strange scenes with Nonmen in their future.

It would be awesome if Mimara was partially Dunyain. Maybe being abused at a whore house for her entire life severely stunted her Dunyain-like abilities. She is also of the Few, which I am not convinced that the trait is not somewhat genetic. (Schoolmen are not allowed to have wives, so no one is tracking trait anyway).

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 04:18:28 am »
More crackpottery. 

I think we're to believe that he trecked hard south to avoid going through Nansurium because of his Scylvendi scars. 

That said, as Mallahet, we saw him travel.  Who knows what he was capable of.

But the explanation for why he skipped Nansur and went to Kian makes sense.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 06:36:01 am »
My two cents:  If Mimara were Moe's daughter, she would more than likely have turned out fair-skinned, blonde and tall (like Serwa).  She's none of those things, as far as I remember from the text.  Strength of Dunyain seed and all that.
No whistling on the slog!

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:21 am »
Pfft, logic.  Moe's seed is like water next to Kellhus' god-slime.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 01:13:10 pm »
Lol. Wow.

I agree, Somnambulist.

But on traveling, I've been thinking for awhile that Glamours are the X-Factor and Moenghus could have danced around Momemn like a giant chicken had he wanted to and people would flee in terror because that is just what is. Let alone cover scars or appear differently than other people.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer