Poll

Which POV(s) are you looking forward to the most during TNG?

Achamian
3 (10.3%)
Esmenet
0 (0%)
Mimara
0 (0%)
Moënghus the Younger
3 (10.3%)
Serwa (assuming she survived)
2 (6.9%)
Malowebi
3 (10.3%)
The Boy (aka Crabicus)
8 (27.6%)
Saccarees (assuming he survived)
1 (3.4%)
New character(s) (feel free to speculate on who exactly)
3 (10.3%)
Other (returning characters from PON or TAE? please specify)
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Which POV(s) are you looking forward to the most during TNG?

• 35 Replies

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:12:08 pm »
I though this would be a good idea, it occurred to me after creating the death predictions thread.
I'm still counting Malowebi as a possible returning POV because he still retained awareness after Kellhus died, meaning he could very well live on as a severed head.
I'm also assuming KelSammi (what I started calling the Kelmomas-with-Samarmas'-soul entity) will no longer be a POV as the No-God.
Also not counting the Omniscient POV because I want this poll to be character-based (and I assume no one would pick that one anyway).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:13:43 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 07:16:47 pm »
Mostly hoping for MUTILATED POVs

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:21:30 pm »
Mostly hoping for MUTILATED POVs

So am I (just want to think on this for a bit more before casting my own votes).

That would fall under "other" because I only made individual options for characters who had already had POVs, but I think you got that. ;)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:16 am »
My Other vote is for Mutilated ( Shae? ) POV's.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:38:49 am »
Okay, finally made up my mind on this:
-Moënghus, because I'm very curious to see how he'll cope with the events of TUC (he was still concerned about Kayûtas and Serwa's well being at the end, and likely has no idea what happened to them...), living among the Scylvendi and dealing with Cnaiür's legacy.
-Other - the Mutilated, I really hope we get the POV of at least one of them (whether they're really Shae or not). There are definitely many interesting things to be told there...
-New characters - I would love to get a POV from a) someone in Zeüm (preferably Likaro) and/or b) Nersei Miramis (Proyas' wife). Hopefully both. I know these could both count as "Other - returning characters", but unlike the Mutilated, we've only heard mentions of them, we've never actually seen them on page. So I'm counting them as "new".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:41:08 am by ThoughtsOfThelli »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:10:48 pm »
Honestly?  A return to form for Bakker's writing.  TGO and TUC were really quite uneven in term of quality.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 03:00:12 pm »
Honestly?  A return to form for Bakker's writing.  TGO and TUC were really quite uneven in term of quality.

I think we need to get the POV of Bakker's editor in there... ;)

But joking aside, I agree with you on this. Things like the numerous mistakes and inconsistencies I've found since last summer would have been avoided with better editing.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 05:19:01 pm »
I think we need to get the POV of Bakker's editor in there... ;)

But joking aside, I agree with you on this. Things like the numerous mistakes and inconsistencies I've found since last summer would have been avoided with better editing.

Maybe, hope against hope, is that Bakker can reconnect with the editor he had for PoN, because the "current editor" from Overlook is literally no one.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 08:41:13 pm »
I really want an Aurax POV. I feel as though there's a decent possibility that his "pathetic" personality is somewhat of an act, either put on for Kellhus, or maybe even put on for the Mutilated. He strikes me as a schemer, and he may have been more inclined to remembering stuff than his less "bookish" brother was (and I'm still not even convinced that Aurang is done for TBH).

In any case I think Aurax is still an important puzzle piece in some capacity. He was, after all, the "brains" behind the whole operation alongside Shaeononra, and presumably was so up until the Mutilated came in.   

Jabberwock03

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:43 pm »
I would love to have an unique point of view in writing style. Something weird like the No-God (p-zombie) or Ajokli (timeless) POV.
Also I want Malowebi and Kellhus POV (whatever they have become) !

natanaj

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 07:41:56 pm »
mutilated POV and Ajoklki POV would be cool.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 08:09:05 pm »
I would love to have an unique point of view in writing style. Something weird like the No-God (p-zombie) or Ajokli (timeless) POV.

I agree there needs to be more non-human/Dunyain POVs, seems like a wasted oppurtunity not to have interesting POVs of other races like dragons and maybe semi-sane Nonman, perhaps even some Ursranc.

Dragons seem like a no-brainer though. For example they seem to all refer to themselves as "we" (excluding Wutteat). Would be cool to see why that is from a first hand perspective.

Jabberwock03

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 06:28:57 pm »

I agree there needs to be more non-human/Dunyain POVs, seems like a wasted oppurtunity not to have interesting POVs of other races like dragons and maybe semi-sane Nonman, perhaps even some Ursranc.

Dragons seem like a no-brainer though. For example they seem to all refer to themselves as "we" (excluding Wutteat). Would be cool to see why that is from a first hand perspective.

Oh damn! I would love to have a scranc POV!
Something very instinctivly driven, and struggling with the NG orders (whatever Bakker feel that could be, I'm good with it: worship or submission or mind control, whatever).
The story of a Sranc for the entire book and in the end... killed by a nobody in a massive battle! Haha!

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 04:05:03 pm »

Oh damn! I would love to have a scranc POV!
Something very instinctivly driven, and struggling with the NG orders (whatever Bakker feel that could be, I'm good with it: worship or submission or mind control, whatever).
The story of a Sranc for the entire book and in the end... killed by a nobody in a massive battle! Haha!

The possibility of a Sranc POV (well, I think we already got one or two during the series. but those were very brief) becomes even more interesting taking this passage into account:
Quote from: TUC Glossary, "Aghurzoi"
Damial'isharin--a Siölan Ishroi who found himself trapped for five days (hidden in a dead fall) in the heart of an itinerant clan camp--famously claimed the Sranc possessed social customs and regimes very nearly as complicated as their own.
I can't be the only one who's curious about these complex Sranc social customs...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 04:12:06 pm »
Its sad Iyokus never really came back. Maybe some soul wrenching suffering in the Outside.
One of the other conditions of possibility.