Thread for the Threadless (Surrogate Quorum)

• 69 Replies

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:09:48 pm »
Just figured we could have a thread for everything that doesn't warrant a tread of it's own.

I just got back from a cross country road trip with the family.  Yeah, never doing that again...

I'm just too damn old to be driving that long and the kids were restless, to say the least.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 01:31:16 pm »
Woohoo, sounds like a party lol. Sorry to here that. Hate it when 'vacations' are more stressful than work.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 01:53:14 pm »
Woohoo, sounds like a party lol. Sorry to here that. Hate it when 'vacations' are more stressful than work.

Well, a bad day on vacation is still better than a good day at work, but man, that trip back was a slog.  12 hours to SC (to sleep) went from an estimated 12 hours to 15.  The 11 back went to 13.  None of that is particularly terrible, but went you've got 4 restless kids and 2 restless babies, further seems forever.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Quorumtender

• The Quorumtender
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »
 :'(

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:59:10 pm »

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 05:49:07 pm »

Times are tough...

Without TUC, so far, yes they are...

I am in the midst of trying to remedy that problem for myself...of course my wife has the debit card and I only remember about half the numbers off the top of my head...

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:01:54 pm »

Times are tough...

Without TUC, so far, yes they are...

I am in the midst of trying to remedy that problem for myself...of course my wife has the debit card and I only remember about half the numbers off the top of my head...

See my confusing shipping-confirmation-email shenanigans. I'm going to have to cool it, as tomorrow is release day and it's bound to turn up in some of the shops here... Buying another copy would be overdoing it.
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 06:42:32 pm »
See my confusing shipping-confirmation-email shenanigans. I'm going to have to cool it, as tomorrow is release day and it's bound to turn up in some of the shops here... Buying another copy would be overdoing it.

I already planned to get the eBook and the hard copy, so I just ordered the eBook from the .AU site and will now just wait for my US Hardcover to come in.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 06:58:45 am »
Yes...This is my place.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 05:17:43 pm »
They are going to be making a new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which made me realize I have still only seen less than half the existing episodes.

Also, GoT is back this Sunday...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
I suppose I should make a thread for GOT S7. Another spoiler thread for people to avoid ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 12:33:28 pm »
I suppose I should make a thread for GOT S7. Another spoiler thread for people to avoid ;).

Yeah, going too try to not be a whole week behind this time, but doubtful if it won't be that long from Sunday until I can actually get to watch it.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 12:51:57 pm »
Andy Serkis reading a couple Trump tweets as Gollum: not worth a thread but definitely worth a laugh. Also, showcasing the motion capture technique vs. acting is amazing. What a great actor.

Yeah, going too try to not be a whole week behind this time, but doubtful if it won't be that long from Sunday until I can actually get to watch it.

Made it!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 01:32:38 pm »
Andy Serkis reading a couple Trump tweets as Gollum: not worth a thread but definitely worth a laugh. Also, showcasing the motion capture technique vs. acting is amazing. What a great actor.

Made it!

Yeah, caught that Gollum-Trump bit as well. Very precious. He is a great actor, although there are a ton of VFX artists contributing to the final result. It's not like Andy Serkis gives his mocap performance and the computer spits out this end-product. Anyway, end of rant.
Mystery denotes darkness