The mechanics of mind control

• 3 Replies

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »
Just thought I should share a lecture by Joe Marshalla. It takes up two hours of your time, but I think it is well worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=127BR5b8Hm4#t=104

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »
If the presenter is spot one with this little fact, it is quite disturbing. At least for my ignorant self :)

It goes like this: If you take all the medicinal drugs in every grocery store, drug store and hospital on the whole planet, you only reach 25% of the total amount used worldwide. The rest(75%) is in our food.

Grow your own food folks :P

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:37:12 pm »
Going through this. Have to take it in chunks though.

Initial thoughts, first 15 mins:

Is it bad that one of my first thoughts is this guy is crazy? And the second is this guy must get laid like crazy when going on these talks?

His PhD isn't in physics, so I don't know what he means by placing "Now" into physics.

I sort of get what he's saying about no one has ever taught you anything, but to an extent that is a word game. OTOH I'd agree there is a certain unintentional, and possibly intentional, indoctrination in education.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:14:54 am »
Haha ;D He is indeed a bit crazy yes. The dude nearly died 3 times!. That would do something to you for sure.

I have to say I was in a very good mood when I watched this, so it might not be as profound second time around.
All this have been said before by Alan Watts, Ram Dass etc, and his "experiment" with that guy on stage was kind of embarrassing. That negative thoughts deplete you and positive ones fill you with strength is kind of right to a certain degree. But what about hate? I have seen many people rise up against almost impossible odds on pure hate. Hate is negative thoughts right?

This guy is selling ideas for sure. In the end there is a book available of course(which will reveal whatever it is you need to know to be balanced/happy whatever).

There are some neat ideas in there of course, but this guy is (for my sake) easily forgotten.