Nonmen Society

• 182 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »
Having lost the Tekne, it makes a lot of sense for the Inchoroi to want to learn sorcery.  Or at least, learn how to counter it (Aporos).  It could be that the Nonmen traded sorcery for immortality.

I don't, however, think that gaining sorcery was the intent of the Womb-Plague.  Killing all of the Non-women doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would motivate the Nonmen to share the Gnosis with the Inchoroi.  On the contrary, it ultimately unified them against the Inchoroi.

Instead, I think the Inchoroi were looking to simply eradicate the Nonmen (IIRC, some of the men became ill as well). But their crude grasp of the Tekne only managed to effect the death of the women (I write "effect" as I subscribe to the theory that the Nonmen killed the woman).

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:18 pm »
The trouble there is that they actually deliver on the immortality they promised.  If you want to eradicate a race, why make them immortal?  There is the possibility that it was all they had, but still, it is so ham-handed you have to wonder why even bother?

What I like about my theory is that it fits the Inchoroi MO of subversion over murder.  Well, Aurang's MO.  It is just as plausible that the Womb-Plague was just a Tekne bumble, but I don't much like the bumbling Inchoroi/Consult idea, even if that's how they often seem.  They had a nearly impossible task and are doing what they can.

The Inchoroi probably figured that Nonman society couldn't handle immortality, since they knew how poorly thier own did.  That's why they had no qualms about extending their lives for them, they knew it was a disastrous gift.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2016, 07:19:35 pm »
Probably necessarily disastrous without further Tekne graphs augmenting memory and such. I'm imagining an early Inchoroi society beginning to fall into chaos before they realize their mistake, being forced to abruptly pour all resources into researching how to counteract the affects of too many memories, eventually succeeding after losing many brothers to the memory-plague. Curiously, its like Alzheimer's, though for the opposite reasons.
One of the other conditions of possibility.