Quick Blade S-rank Killers

• 10 Replies

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:59:41 am »
A reflex test game and an idle game in one! Reflex game only takes 30 seconds for a try.

I've uploaded the newest version to Kongregate, here is the link: https://www.kongregate.com/games/Noontide/quick-blade-s-rank-killers

Below is the original posts text with the old link.
~~~

Quick Blade S-rank Killers

A second derivative game, this one based more on a reflex test! A play takes as little as 30 seconds.

I suspect I borked up the score code in the last project, since not a single score has been shown. Hope to see the high scores working in this one.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:38:27 am by Callan S. »

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:02:45 am »
Just letting you know I have the current high score.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:47:26 am »
How is it? I keep forgetting about it lol.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 12:33:42 am »
How is it? I keep forgetting about it lol.

This is actually a new game with the same themes - this one is a rapid reflex test, the other was a resource management game. I wanted to test a model of play that had rapid engagement, as another game with a similar model had done well.

So in this game is very quick - when the sign says 'Kill' click or hit space and see if you can beat its reaction speed.

Granted, for now it ends in doom eventually.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:37:50 am »
Is that 23? It gets pretty tough as it slowly dials up the enemies reaction speed over time. Considering some kind of health system for missed clicks and to cap the reaction increase at a certain point and just make it random.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:19 am »
Is that 23? It gets pretty tough as it slowly dials up the enemies reaction speed over time. Considering some kind of health system for missed clicks and to cap the reaction increase at a certain point and just make it random.
Yup. I see none of the other scrubs can compete, even with 10 attempts.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 02:23:30 am »
Brutal!

And now an update: New Meat

It's got new cook options and a career kills board. Fancy surviving and escaping after being stabbed? Now you can buy escape supplies and the longer you live, the higher your career kills goes, even if you are defeated! Or fancy staying in the fight for longer? Buy slog and have at that S-rank a second or even third time! And fight your way through enough S-rank and you can increase your bounty multiplier!

Notes: I have this vague idea of the Skinner earning coin towards some kind of base building and expansion, creating their own band of skinners. Then maybe being hired by a wizard to do some side work the wizard needs as he travels...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 06:35:42 pm »
Then maybe being hired by a wizard to do some side work the wizard needs as he travels...
Never trust a Wizard. Next thing you know there's suddenly an impossible dragon/ghost/fire-demon fight and everyone dies.

... That's the last time I ever follow a bearded, grey robed caster into a dungeon.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 12:27:36 am »
But then the next time a wizard goes by, you'll wonder what it would have lead to and you'll never know! >:)

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 12:39:12 am »
Added a small idle game to it. It's short as I ran out of development time I set for it, but I like it and it's all a base for whatever next expansion I add to it. Same link as before: QUICK BLADE S-RANK KILLERS

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 12:32:56 am »
Uploaded a new version to Kongregate: https://www.kongregate.com/games/Noontide/quick-blade-s-rank-killers

The Idle game section has been extended.