some Questions

• 5 Replies

icarium90

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:49:23 pm »
Hi everyone :)

Although I am e new member on this forum, I have been reading many theards here and find it very interesting and enlighting regarding my understanding of the books.

First of all I want to say, that english is not my mother language and I have read the second trilogy in english, so maybe that was the reason for my missunderstanding of the things I wanted to know.

My questions are:

1. When exactly did The Consult know that they need an Anasurimbor to bring the No-God back ?

2. At the end of The Great Ordeal did Achamian found out about this and was this the reason why he talket to the Mandate Grandmaster ?

3. And did I miss the origin of Achamians dreams or will this be revealed in the next trilogy ?

4. Were the Dunyain among the Consult knew something about Ajokli or was it just coincidence, that they captured Celmomas ?

I would be really thankful if someone could help me.

I was a bit confused, that Achamians role didn't go anywhere in the last book. After The Great Ordeal I expected that his meeting with Kellhus would be I don't know bring some revelation.

Strangely I believed that Achamian would become the No-God because there was the hint that Nau-Cayuti could be Seswathas son :D

But still I enjoyed all the books and will read the last trilogy.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:28:09 pm »
I will try to answer your questions to the best of my understanding, since many things in the books are (almost certainly intentionally) left unclear by the author.

1. When exactly did The Consult know that they need an Anasurimbor to bring the No-God back ?
This isn't elaborated upon and so is a source of speculation. Basically, we can only be certain that the Consult knew about it before their meeting with Kellhus in the Golden Room. Also, at some point before that Aurang (through a Synthese in the White-Luck Warrior, if I remember correctly) cryptically states that all prophecies, true and false, should be observed.

2. At the end of The Great Ordeal did Achamian found out about this and was this the reason why he talket to the Mandate Grandmaster ?
He saw Nay-Cayuti being put into the Sarcophagus and also gained some information on Shauriatis, but he doesn't share any other revelations in the narrative and his interpretations of his dreams are left largely unsaid.

3. And did I miss the origin of Achamians dreams or will this be revealed in the next trilogy ?
The nature and credibility of Achamian's changed dreams presently serve as a basis of much speculation.

4. Were the Dunyain among the Consult knew something about Ajokli or was it just coincidence, that they captured Celmomas ?
They most likely didn't know about Ajokli or Kelmomas's ability to exorcise him, since they react with surprise when Kellhus is possessed and are saved only by Kelmomas's arrival, which, while timely, did not look planned (or at the very least planned well).

I hope this helps, but I should note that my answers are just my interpretations, nothing more.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 03:58:36 pm »
I agree with the post above. I'll add that the reason the skin-spy brought in Kelmomas is probably due to the mentioned "all prophecies, true and false, should be observed."
The Consult believed Kellhus was the No-God, but were taking contingencies.
At the end there's a part where the Mutilated "watched with disfigured fascination" -> this probably means that they're genuinely surprised at the turn of events.

icarium90

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:05:42 am »
@SmilerLoki  thank you for you answers :)

it is good to know, that I didn't miss any important revelations and that hopefully things will be more clear in the next books.

I think it has been said before many times in this forum but I was also a bit disappointed about the Consult or how brief they were shown to us.
Maybe I had too much anticipation. Just were you think now you would get more information about the Consult or Inchoroi, we find out that the Dunyain have practically defeated them already.

Aurang was beaten in a few pages by Kellhus. Aurax was already beaten. The Non-man mage which name i can't remember was also defeated too fast in my opinion.

It just felt a little rushed for me.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:16:53 pm »
We might've been spoiled with the delicious long "showdown" between Kel and Moe at the end of the 3rd book. Personally, I loved the ending of TUC and was somewhat glad for it given I was emotionally wiped out by then. The ending surprised me and it made sense. And it REALLY hammered us on the power of the Dunyain - the warning Bakker is sharing with us is clear beyond nuance; be wary of manipulation as it often "works" without detection and can get you to do the damnedest things.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 01:34:10 am »
I think the timing of releases played havoc on expectations as well as the piss-poor editing on the latter half of TAE.

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, icarium90. Also, you use English better than us loser monolinguists ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer