Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 05:48:51 pm »
It might be best if you three (or four of us, if I start partaking) designate one person to be the filing cabinet and share word docs privately amongst you.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Garet Jax

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 06:24:09 pm »
It might be best if you three (or four of us, if I start partaking) designate one person to be the filing cabinet and share word docs privately amongst you.

I agree.  A couple of the MUD's/MUSH's I have partaken in had such beautiful descriptions, I would almost always get distracted from play.  I would just go "room to room" looking at the elaborate scenery.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »

I agree.  A couple of the MUD's/MUSH's I have partaken in had such beautiful descriptions, I would almost always get distracted from play.  I would just go "room to room" looking at the elaborate scenery.

MUD/MUSH ???

Anyone use dropbox? Its basically a shared drive stored in a 'cloud' that can be accessed individually if given permission by the person who set it up. Its not a very big application and its free, though it might require an email account to access. I could set something like that up and PM those interested.

If someone has a better idea though I'm game. Anyone with misgivings about a shared online drive?

One of the other conditions of possibility.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »
I will have the second half of TDTCB noterized soonish, and will start TWP in the nearish future (assuming I get the motivation to do so).

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 02:20:52 pm »
not sure what this is, but it might be useful

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=866482

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 09:48:14 pm »
And also discuss what periods are suitable for play etc.

My personal opinion regarding timelines is that anything is game, from the heyday of the cunoroi all the way up to the current book.  There are so many interesting periods of time in the history of this world they should all be open for play.  That being said, from a universally accessible standpoint, I think the years just previous to the First Holy War are ideal for adventure.  All the old intrigues are present, Kian is a powerful threat to the south, the cishaurim are still around, there's relative free trade and travel even between Inrithi and Fanim lands, the Consult is still a shadowy, elusive threat, Moenghus is conditioning the land, etc etc. Endless opportunities versus, say, the monolithic hegemony of the New Empire.  Though any and all periods in history could be great fun in their own way, I feel like that particular time frame lends itself pretty well to pnp rpgs.
I think the idea of the players as a band of Scalpoi on the northern fringe of the Kellian Empire is very rich RPG fodder.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »
Lots of time periods are good.  The First Apocalypse and the Cond Yoke after the formation of the Consult are among the first to come to mind.