• 32 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 04:11:41 pm »
Quote from: jogrady
I believe the Scylvendi will play a major role. They have not had any external pressure(new empire, sranc). I stated in another post that this has given them the time and resources to rebuild and prepare for the upcoming war. Two points, if the Scyl were truly broken, there would be no reason for the New Empire (NE) not to attempt a "conversion". In fact, a friendly Steppe would provide NE with manpower, natural resources, and a safer/alternative path north. Scyl are not conquerors, they are raiders. If they are routed, why post defensive elements along the Scyl marches? Scyl have resumed raiding or are perceived to have the capabilities to resume raiding.

This is a chance for redemption and an opportunity to participate in their religions culminating event.  Someone is rallying the tribes. It might be CUS but it doesnt really matter. Finally, a hostage son wont prevent the election of a King.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Touche, jogrady. I'm just worried that if the Scylvendi are holding any cards, they are going to miss their opportunity to play them.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Quote from: Madness
Touche, jogrady. I'm just worried that if the Scylvendi are holding any cards, they are going to miss their opportunity to play them.

Perhaps they are waiting for the New Empire, the Nonmen, and the Consult to more or less destroy each other. Then the next books will be about the Scylvendi killing whoever won and taking over the three seas, much like the original Cunoi-Inchoroi wars. Then the cycle repeats, men forget, someone lets out the consult, the third apocalypse, ad infintum.