• 27 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 04:33:11 pm »
Someone on days of quorum past mentioned they won actually. Not what one might consider a 'regular' but certainly someone around here :)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 05:26:00 pm »
Someone on days of quorum past mentioned they won actually. Not what one might consider a 'regular' but certainly someone around here :)

Was actually mentioning in a thread (too?), Parsh was the user.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 05:46:04 pm »
Right, Parsh.

Whose name unfortunately reminds me of that South Park episode knocking on eighties ski movies. "Oh, hey there, Darsh."

Jokes, Parsh, if you're reading ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Parsh

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 05:53:34 pm »
Right, Parsh.

Whose name unfortunately reminds me of that South Park episode knocking on eighties ski movies. "Oh, hey there, Darsh."

I wasn't, but now I am.  I wouldn't let myself even click on the folder for this forum until the book arrived, which it finally did yesterday. I'm just 100 pages in, and haven't found as much time as I want to read this (I mean, obviously not, because I've had the book 24 hours and I'm only 100 pages in).

And here I am complaining about time to read, so what do I do? Oh right, come log into the forum. Clearly, I am not a self-moving soul....

But anyway, yes, I won a copy on Goodreads. Which is good, since it meant I didn't have to argue with my wife about whether to buy a copy or feed our children.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 05:55:54 pm »
Right, Parsh.

I wasn't, but now I am.  I wouldn't let myself even click on the folder for this forum until the book arrived, which it finally did yesterday. I'm just 100 pages in, and haven't found as much time as I want to read this (I mean, obviously not, because I've had the book 24 hours and I'm only 100 pages in).

And here I am complaining about time to read, so what do I do? Oh right, come log into the forum. Clearly, I am not a self-moving soul....

But anyway, yes, I won a copy on Goodreads. Which is good, since it meant I didn't have to argue with my wife about whether to buy a copy or feed our children.
I'm glad for all parties involved that it worked out.

Also, tbh, probably WAY better to take your time and actually... 'read' ... the book we all waited all this time for. Not sure I understand speedreading it in massive sessions - that just leads to forgetting and/or missing crucial details.

Of course, you were summoned here by mention of your name, so its not your fault ;) .

Parsh

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »

Also, tbh, probably WAY better to take your time and actually... 'read' ... the book we all waited all this time for. Not sure I understand speedreading it in massive sessions - that just leads to forgetting and/or missing crucial details.

Of course, you were summoned here by mention of your name, so its not your fault ;) .

Yeah, I'm not really a speed reader. My wife is, but then a month later she can't remember names of characters, the name of the book, the overall plot... you know, all those minor details.  :D 

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:50 pm »
I wasn't, but now I am. I wouldn't let myself even click on the folder for this forum until the book arrived, which it finally did yesterday. I'm just 100 pages in, and haven't found as much time as I want to read this (I mean, obviously not, because I've had the book 24 hours and I'm only 100 pages in).

Did you win an official copy or was it an ARC?

+1

Yeah, I'm not really a speed reader. My wife is, but then a month later she can't remember names of characters, the name of the book, the overall plot... you know, all those minor details.  :D 

Lol, especially with Bakker, all those one-off sentences across seven books that add up to really interesting moments.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Parsh

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 02:47:34 pm »

ARC. There are a lot of typos, but then, given what I've seen from Overlook, the name refers to their copy editing procedures, so most of them will still be in the official copy.

Anyway, inside the ARC I'll be reading about the ARK. It all fits together.

Lol, especially with Bakker, all those one-off sentences across seven books that add up to really interesting moments.

Definitely.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 02:52:22 pm »
Right, Parsh.

Yeah i've only started to get into discussion after a partial re-read. AS i keep saying though i have a good memory for retention of text, just not the intelligence to interpret that information in any logical way. So i'll tell you what is in the book, you tell me what it means please :P

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 04:10:06 pm »
Yeah i've only started to get into discussion after a partial re-read. AS i keep saying though i have a good memory for retention of text, just not the intelligence to interpret that information in any logical way. So i'll tell you what is in the book, you tell me what it means please :P
This is a good system. We need more people fact checking ;)

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 05:42:54 pm »

I actually have this T-shirt oops

https://www.districtlines.com/104587-I-Don-t-Fact-Check-Tee-Navy-T-Shirt/IAmRapaport

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 05:44:51 pm »

https://www.districtlines.com/104587-I-Don-t-Fact-Check-Tee-Navy-T-Shirt/IAmRapaport
Ah that's too bad, you're going to have to stop wearing it now I guess, as you've already had your assignment given ;)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 06:31:23 pm »

ARC. There are a lot of typos, but then, given what I've seen from Overlook, the name refers to their copy editing procedures, so most of them will still be in the official copy.

Anyway, inside the ARC I'll be reading about the ARK. It all fits together.

Oh yay. You can look forward to the paragraph from an internal Overlook email buried in section of text ;).

Oh, that makes me what to find that study about the different profiles of people who participate on forums. People quoting the text are definitely part of a healthy forum community.

Ah that's too bad, you're going to have to stop wearing it now I guess, as you've already had your assignment given ;)

Lmao. Nice shirt, merchant.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer