Re-animation of dead threads; damnable?

• 7 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »
I think I may have found my calling as a necromancer specializing in the re-animation of dead threads. Would this be damnable, or just annoying as hell?
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:57:53 am »
I think I may have found my calling as a necromancer specializing in the re-animation of dead threads. Would this be damnable, or just annoying as hell?

I personally think it's preferable rather than opening more threads on the same topics to ones we already have thread for.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:22:54 am »

Neither. I've never understood the proscription against reanimating threads. MG, the OG Necromancer, sparked new life in almost a third of the threads he reanimated when he joined. He's also the genius behind the Bakkerfans outlets and received an ARC of TGO last year from Overlook for his efforts.

Be like MG. Raise dead threads.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 03:44:58 am »

I personally think it's preferable rather than opening more threads on the same topics to ones we already have thread for.

Neither. I've never understood the proscription against reanimating threads. MG, the OG Necromancer, sparked new life in almost a third of the threads he reanimated when he joined. He's also the genius behind the Bakkerfans outlets and received an ARC of TGO last year from Overlook for his efforts.

Be like MG. Raise dead threads.

With that encouragement, I will continue my Slog through the TSA forum. "MG, the OG Necromancer"... you hella funny!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 06:20:51 am »
I have moments :).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 04:50:33 pm »
Raise the dead o make your own. Both good. Don't feel like you need to read every post in a thread before you contribute.  Glad to hear new thoughts from new people.
H and Madness are great but I get tired to talked to them all the time ;)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 08:10:24 pm »

H and Madness are great but I get tired to talked to them all the time ;)

I know the feeling. Some people just go on and on and on and on and on......not me, oh no. Well, there was that time....wait, where are you going?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 12:35:17 am »
First off, I'm sure he meant H and MSJ. I haven't been available to post much here since last fall and don't see much foreseeable free time in the future. At least not to engage as I want.

Though I do "text" him pretty regularly.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer