Islands Near Golgotterath

• 2 Replies

NronFisher

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: April 05, 2017, 07:05:38 am »
Hey everyone, great to be part of this community. Thanks to Madness and Wilshire, and apologies for the grief I caused you :P

But in any case, I noticed in TGO that there are a number of islands in the Misty Sea, interestingly one just south of Dagliash, and another in the narrow strait The Leash. Is it possible that these are inhabited by people or things? I doubt Sranc, since Sranc appear to need wide lands to roam, raid, rape and feed. I just think it would be interesting if you had a small pocket of people who lived on the islands through the Apocalypse. Imagine living on that island, separated from civilization for thousands of years, believing that your tiny island is the one save space in the universe, and on the shore are endless waves of monsters...and then one day you see a nuke in the distance.

Then there's the possibility that Akka/Mimara will have to travel to the island in the Leash, where people may have lived in the shadow of Golgotterath. It could be an interesting way to take the story.

Thoughts?

And again, it's great to be a part of this, props again to the mods, I had no idea spam was such a problem.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 11:42:36 am »
Hey everyone, great to be part of this community. Thanks to Madness and Wilshire, and apologies for the grief I caused you :P
And again, it's great to be a part of this, props again to the mods, I had no idea spam was such a problem.
Its not your problem, its ours, sorry about that. I'm glad we got you here though :)

But in any case, I noticed in TGO that there are a number of islands in the Misty Sea, interestingly one just south of Dagliash, and another in the narrow strait The Leash. Is it possible that these are inhabited by people or things? I doubt Sranc, since Sranc appear to need wide lands to roam, raid, rape and feed. I just think it would be interesting if you had a small pocket of people who lived on the islands through the Apocalypse. Imagine living on that island, separated from civilization for thousands of years, believing that your tiny island is the one save space in the universe, and on the shore are endless waves of monsters...and then one day you see a nuke in the distance.

Then there's the possibility that Akka/Mimara will have to travel to the island in the Leash, where people may have lived in the shadow of Golgotterath. It could be an interesting way to take the story.

Thoughts?

Not sure which maps you're looking at, but these are my favorite two
Bakker's Map found on his website gives a nice high resolution world  to look at.
SpiralHorizon's Map is probably the best one though.

The big one northwest of Golgotterath might be big enough to sustain a small population, but the ones in the Neleost probably not. Maps are aggravating to me sometimes, as they can often show bits of the world that are never fully revealed - I certainly hope thats not the case here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:06:27 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:53:29 am »
Yeah, Kirkenge is probably something like Malta in real life.  People probably live there, but it's probably a rough sort of life.  Forufuru seems to be a bit more of an archipelago, probably a few people there, although maybe not.

Doubtful if they are real important, but it's plausible they could be.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira