What is the No God? (II)

• 95 Replies

Garet Jax

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 01:15:16 pm »

Regardleas, I think it's pretty clear that every ensouled being (that includes ciphrang and the gods) are indeed fragmenrs of the World Soul, a.k.a God, the Absolute, Sum of all Thought, etc. We hear this from multiple sources and there's quite a bit of evidence to suppprt it.

This kind of fits nicely into some of my thoughts, FB.  Have you put to theory how Ciphrang and "gods" become whatever it is they are now vs how/why humans are what they are? 

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »

Regardleas, I think it's pretty clear that every ensouled being (that includes ciphrang and the gods) are indeed fragmenrs of the World Soul, a.k.a God, the Absolute, Sum of all Thought, etc. We hear this from multiple sources and there's quite a bit of evidence to suppprt it.

This kind of fits nicely into some of my thoughts, FB.  Have you put to theory how Ciphrang and "gods" become whatever it is they are now vs how/why humans are what they are? 

A Soul corrupts, absolute Soul corrupts absolutely?

Meaning that the more souls one has, the more they are corrupted. The God was so corrupt that he destroyed himself....
One of the other conditions of possibility.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 06:46:50 pm »

A Soul corrupts, absolute Soul corrupts absolutely?

Meaning that the more souls one has, the more they are corrupted. The God was so corrupt that he destroyed himself....
Herbert would say a soul attracts the absolutely corruptible.

Francis Buck

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »

Not sure about Ciphrang, but I think the Gods are reflections of the sum of early human thought, which is why they're so anthropomorphic (and also why they only seem to care about acquiring human souls, while leaving the rest of the universe to fall into damnation). We've already been told that the Outside is a reflection of the Inside. So basically I think Earwa is special in that (among other things) the sum of the "noosphere" of the planet determines the nature of Outside, damnation included. Thus, the gods represent basic human concepts (birth, war, luck, disease). This would also explain why the Inchoroi want to eliminate the dominant species of the planet -- kill enough of whatever's on Earwa, and nature of the Outside changes.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »
And then they could build their own God :P.

But why, then, would they need to shut out the world from the outside, if their final goal was to simply change the outside? Its a good idea but it doesn't quite fit imo.

Francis Buck

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 09:24:19 pm »
And then they could build their own God :P.

But why, then, would they need to shut out the world from the outside, if their final goal was to simply change the outside? Its a good idea but it doesn't quite fit imo.

Eh? It's one and the same. They want to shut the Outside so they make their own Outside via the No-God, which is one of oblivion.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 10:06:52 pm »
I think the Gods are reflections of the sum of early human thought, which is why they're so anthropomorphic

I like this but I'm just not sure about the mechanisms involved. And I would also amend this to the sum of (early?) Nonmen thought - unless, of course, only humans can affect the Outside via the World, etc.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Francis Buck

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »
I think the Gods are reflections of the sum of early human thought, which is why they're so anthropomorphic

I like this but I'm just not sure about the mechanisms involved. And I would also amend this to the sum of (early?) Nonmen thought - unless, of course, only humans can affect the Outside via the World, etc.

Well, it's a matter of populations. We don't know how many Nonmen there were in comparison to humans, nor do we have any knowledge of the size of Eanna.

But yes, you're correct, at least I don't believe that humans are "special", only Earwa is. Humans only become special by happening to be the dominant species on Earwa, and the gods are the way they are because of humans (or Nonmen, whatever).

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 10:40:21 pm »
But yes, you're correct, at least I don't believe that humans are "special", only Earwa is. Humans only become special by happening to be the dominant species on Earwa, and the gods are the way they are because of humans (or Nonmen, whatever).

I'm all about clarity ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 10:13:21 am »
Eh? It's one and the same. They want to shut the Outside so they make their own Outside via the No-God, which is one of oblivion.
Hence Wutteat speaking of the 'Black Heaven' in a way that implies it's another name for the No-God. The No-God is Oblivion. An Outside with no Agencies in it to judge (impose meaning upon) your soul.
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »
So the Consult created a 'pocket-universe,' which is apparently fictive fashion right now...

Literally, the No-God is like a sorcerous/tekne tear in reality, sucking all souls through to the Otherside.

I submit the new Nerdanel to the Quorum that the Consult wins in TUC. The Ordeal, soon after the World, sucked through the No-God's metaphysical window to an alternate Universe and TSTSNBN happens in any variation thereof a la Sliders.

I think that's a mic drop ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:05 pm »
Crickets... follwed by applause
No whistling on the slog!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 05:56:39 pm »
Lol wow Madness. Go big or go home right?

Why not add another twist, and say that the Ordeal Wins, finds the IF, realizes that by winning they actually lost, THEY create the No-God...  and you know the rest.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 07:00:00 pm »
I have nothing more to offer - that was the sum of my intellectual brilliance for this lifetime ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »
A shame, though we'll carry on without you.

No brain-dead's on the slog!