• 93 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:36 am »
Quote from: mikethegrouch
Why does Yatwer need the White-Luck Warrior and Sorweel?

Aren't they both supposed to kill Kellhus?

Or maybe Yatwer has seperate plans for them?

Perhaps it's not really Yatwer that is helping Sorweel?

Some other entity? The Consult?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:43 am »
Quote from: Madness
I would suggest that its pretty clear Yatwer is playing Sorweel - by playing I just mean manipulating to her own ends - as there is a POV from the Goddess in WLW before Sorweel's slave kills himself.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:48 am »
Quote from: Ajokli
Perhaps it's Kellhus?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:56 am »
Quote from: mikethegrouch
Perhaps Yatwer has something else in mind for Sorweel such as killing his children?

One or the other could also be a Kellhus killing back-up plan I guess.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:02 am »
Sorweel would seem like the sleeper agent. Especially because the undetectable Chorae in the Aporotic - a guess - sac is ominously intended for use.

I've also thought about the necessity of White-Luck Warrior's proximity to Kellhus. I'd highlighted in my Unholy Consult post that Esmenet's Executioner stands by her side, to protect her, until such a time the Gods decree to drop the ax. As we do not know the extent time frames of TSA or the White-Luck Warrior's visions, we can assume many possible instances when the White-Luck might kill Kellhus. Like if Kellhus comes back south after joining the Consult, for instance.

That is if we trust the White-Luck's visions at all.

Also, there remains the issue of the relationship between the Gods and the Nonmen. While I was mistaken about sorcery, as compelling as that theory might be, we know for sure that the Inchoroi added the Tusk's passage concerning the Nonmen as False and deserving of Divine persecution.

Perhaps Yatwer's object  for Sorweel simply is to travel to the Nonmen Mansion.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:10 am »
Quote from: King Krooked
It slipped by me on my 1st read , but I just realized that the person who killed Maithanet was the White Luck. I realize I might be late on this one, and I wouldn't have put it together if it wasn't for the earlobes. I had to backtrack like crazy because it bothered me so much. I totally thought Esmenet had found a random assassin priest.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:16 am »
Quote from: Callan S.
What about the earlobes?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:22 am »
Not only that, KK, but from the White-Luck Warrior's perspective, he is fated to kill the Blessed Empress at some point. He is to protect her until such a time only Gods decide.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:33 am »
Quote from: Imparrhas
And the Aspect-Emperor too.

I believe that so far everything he has seen himself do has happened in that way, so does this guarantee him killing both of them? I'm guessing that with the standing outside of time thing, it's certain that things will go as the White Luck predicts/determines and the only thing that could screw up Yatwer's plan is another thread of White Luck predicting/determining the history of the World. If Momas or Husyelt or Gilgaol or whoeever sent their own WLW and this prevents Yatwer's WLW from completing his mission, that would fit with both the 'parts cannot see the whole' theme and the 'competing interests bring ruin to all competors' theme.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:36 am »
Quote from: The Sharmat
The problem is that the White Luck Warrior exists in a world where there is no No-God. His predictions may well be entirely false.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:42 am »
Quote from: Wilshire
The problem is that the White Luck Warrior exists in a world where there is no No-God. His predictions may well be entirely false.

Could turn out to be awfully problematic if the WLW walked directly into a huge whirlwind with a presumably undetectable foe at its center, completely unawares. May be confusing when the whole "seeing himself in front of himself" thing starts to not look like whats actually going on around him.

Though just because the gods cant see Mog doesn't necessarily mean that the WLW cant. Except that he says that everything is a gift from Yatwer. Hopefully thats metaphorical and not literal (for the WLW's sake).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:47 am »

Could turn out to be awfully problematic if the WLW walked directly into a huge whirlwind with a presumably undetectable foe at its center, completely unawares. May be confusing when the whole "seeing himself in front of himself" thing starts to not look like whats actually going on around him.

Though just because the gods cant see Mog doesn't necessarily mean that the WLW cant. Except that he says that everything is a gift from Yatwer. Hopefully thats metaphorical and not literal (for the WLW's sake).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:52 am »
Quote from: King Krooked
I think The Sharmat hit the nail on the head. So much of the Consult's actions are a mystery to EVERYONE in Earwa. We know WHAT they do. But we don't really know WHY they do what they do. The fact that they created the Tusk, among other things, leads me to believe everything they say is misinformation. Add to that the fact that Tsuramah is outside the view of the Gods, even though He was plainly active in Earwa, says a lot to me.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:57 am »
Presumably the No-God is outside the view of the Gods because he was ONLY active in Earwa. This is in contrast to any intelligence with a soul, which exists both in the material world and the Outside.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 01:08:05 am »
Presumably the No-God is outside the view of the Gods because he was ONLY active in Earwa. This is in contrast to any intelligence with a soul, which exists both in the material world and the Outside.

Are you suggesting that if the gods can't see anything that doesnt have a soul? (I probably just dont understand what you're saying though)