H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »
OK, so we are through all of the Prince of Nothing!

Cast is impending, but we are ever marching forward, so thinking of TJE I was considering the following breakdown for the threads:

Prologue and chapters 1-3.
Chapters 4-6.
Chapters 7-9.
Chapters 10-12.
Chapters 13-14.
Chapters 15-16 plus Interlude.

Why this way?  Mainly because chapters 14 and 16 are very big and will no doubt having a good amount of discussion about them.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 02:11:17 pm »
I'm real proud that there are threads in the Almanac for all the way through the PON now (even if I will go back and make chapter threads someday).

Good job, Sloggers. (To preempt - no congratulations on the Slog!)
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 02:21:44 pm »
No sentiments on the slog!

Well, finished PoN and seems we have gained a few sloggers throughout. Every time I read TTT I go back and forth on exactly what happened in Kyudea. I was hoping to have some big post that would point to Moe ascending or what have you. But, it's not clear from the text. It has to be implied. And while I do believe something was planned and acted out by Moe, I can't say what it was. I always thought that when Kellhus trips on the fibrous skull that it signaled that Moe had duped him. On this reading however, I feel it is the moment that Kellhus makes his decision. To kill Moe, that the Thousandfold Thought had outgrown Moe. Which that might've been the reason Moe had planned to be killed in Kyudea with a chorae.........
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,