Which character(s) POV(s) do you wish we could have had?

• 21 Replies

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 02:13:32 pm »
Quote from:  H
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to know.  That is plausible though, that they were somehow symbiotically linked or something too.  That's part of the tragedy of just tossing him away though, even if that is what the narrative role is...

Hopefully we'll get his POV or at least see him in TNG and then we could determine if Aurang's death is what spurred his....gibbering.

Yeah, possibly, yet I feel that Bakker was trying to make the point that the new (the Mutilated) have superseded the old (Shae and the Inchoroi).  Happy to be wrong though...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 02:47:23 pm »
Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I thought that Aurax was in the state he was because of Aurang's death. To lose the only other member of your race, let alone your twin, could do that to one.

How didn't I even consider that possibility...poor Aurax, he truly is alone now.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to know.  That is plausible though, that they were somehow symbiotically linked or something too.  That's part of the tragedy of just tossing him away though, even if that is what the narrative role is...

Also a possibility, and I never thought I'd actually feel sad over an Inchoroi, but it is indeed tragic.

Yeah, possibly, yet I feel that Bakker was trying to make the point that the new (the Mutilated) have superseded the old (Shae and the Inchoroi).  Happy to be wrong though...

I agree. Unfortunately for us, I don't think we'll ever get an Aurax POV unless it's in an Atrocity Tale or something.
There's still a (small) chance for Shae if the "Shae is the Mutilated" theory is true, not so much for Aurax, I think.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

TheCulminatingApe

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 06:51:31 pm »
Skauras would have been good.  Just a couple of pages, so that we get a Fanim perspective.  It would be nice to see him interact with Mallahet, if only briefly
Sez who?
Seswatha, that's who.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 06:58:48 pm »
Skauras would have been good.  Just a couple of pages, so that we get a Fanim perspective.  It would be nice to see him interact with Mallahet, if only briefly

I think we do get him as a POV, but only for a very short time (right before he dies, if I remember correctly?). Anyway, having more POV moments with him would have been great, and yes, missed opportunity there with Mallahet (probably because Bakker didn't want to give too much away?).
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

TheCulminatingApe

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 07:49:08 pm »

I think we do get him as a POV, but only for a very short time (right before he dies, if I remember correctly?). Anyway, having more POV moments with him would have been great, and yes, missed opportunity there with Mallahet (probably because Bakker didn't want to give too much away?).

Must have forgot that one  :(
Sez who?
Seswatha, that's who.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 08:13:52 pm »
Must have forgot that one  :(

I almost did, I very vaguely remembered something like that happening and had to check. It was nowhere near enough, he was a great character.

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 07:39:49 am »
We definitely did get a short Skauras POV, and your right, it wasn't nearly enough! His inner monologue was pretty interesting, especially considering he knew he was about to die. As for a POV we never got, i agree 100 percent that Maithanet would have been awesome. Other than him, Kosoter would have been awesome. I'd love to see what's going on in his head

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk