No Introductions on the Slog of Slogs!

• 19 Replies

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
  • Only a dûnyain deals in absolutes
    • View Profile
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »
Okay maybe just one... What's up sobbers, I'm Knee that Bends, You can call me Knee... I guess? I'm new here. I've been sneaking around the forum for a while, but I think it's time I actually contribute to this beautiful community! A bit about me, I'm a Californian musician and a scifi/fantasy addict. I've only been a TSA fan for about a year, but I just can't get enough. I'm not actually finished with the series though, only halfway through WLW, so I'm going to be trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. From what I've seen though, it seems spoilers are very well marked as spoilers so I don't think it's gonna be an issue. I'm here because I love TSA, I have constant questions about what the f*** is going on, and I want to talk to other people who share my love! So please, introduce yourself, I'd love to meet as many other profiles as I can. Alright, that's all I'm going to say  ;D *thinks of cool TSA reference to end introduction*
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His eyes fell upon Esmenet, stricken upon the floor. My wife!
"Noooo," she wept and whispered. "Pleaaase, Akka..."
"As an adulteress," he continued, his voice cracking, "and a... a..."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Knee (though I love abbreviations and KTB has a nice flow to it ;)).

Only on WLW?! You're in for a fucking trip! You definitely came to the series at a good time, with The Unholy Consult recently out.

Good rule of thumb is to stay out of any subforum for books that you haven't finished or read yet (WLW, TGO, TUC), the subforums for the third series, General Earwa, and the Author Q&A. I hope we do a good enough job that you're safe pretty much everywhere else (oh, I suppose avoid the TAE Almanac too).

Enjoy your reading experience!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:19:42 pm »
Thanks madness! I'll definitely keep that in mind. also, ooooooohhh KTB, I like it.
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:26:01 pm »
Welcome, Knee. I need to warn you  spoilers are not as well marked as you think they are. Be very, very very careful around here. The PoN Almanac have spoilers up to TWLW too. Wilshire and Madness keep the other PoN subforums clear of TAE spoilers. You can stumble upon TAE spoilers in many places. Some of it will be marked, some will not. Certainly avoid peeking into The Quorum until you are up to date. Better safe than sorry. I personally don't care THAT much for spoilers but in case you do, better be careful like I said. I hope that doesn't sound too unwelcoming. We are always glad to see new members.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 07:41:35 pm »
Welcome, Knee. I need to warn you  spoilers are not as well marked as you think they are. Be very, very very careful around here. The PoN Almanac have spoilers up to TWLW too. Wilshire and Madness keep the other PoN subforums clear of TAE spoilers. You can stumble upon TAE spoilers in many places. Some of it will be marked, some will not. Certainly avoid peeking into The Quorum until you are up to date. Better safe than sorry. I personally don't care THAT much for spoilers but in case you do, better be careful like I said. I hope that doesn't sound too unwelcoming. We are always glad to see new members.
thanks mate, I don't hugely care about spoilers but I do remember finding out about Esmi and Kel while reading TDTCB and that was a little disappointing (although at the time I was sure I had read that wrong... Esmi would never!)

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 01:17:18 am »
thanks mate, I don't hugely care about spoilers but I do remember finding out about Esmi and Kel while reading TDTCB and that was a little disappointing (although at the time I was sure I had read that wrong... Esmi would never!)
I can see your sadness about that from your signature. Poor Akka.  :'( :'(
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:44:19 am »
Ah yes, as a sucker for romance and love stories, that one hit hard  :'(

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 02:06:29 pm »
I'm jealous! To be able to read this series again with virgin eyes ... sigh
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 04:35:29 pm »

For me, what will always get me is:

"What will it be next time... the Andi-

The Andiamine Heights?" (badly paraphrasing.)

Right?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 10:39:07 pm »

For me, what will always get me is:

"What will it be next time... the Andi-

The Andiamine Heights?" (badly paraphrasing.)

Right?
Fuuuuuuuck yeah that killed me. Right when Akka gets back from the dead. The chapter ends with achamian thinking "Whore after all."

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 10:41:14 pm »
I know the feeling. I'm already super excited to reread PoN! I hear it's a whole different experience the second time through.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 11:24:50 am »
The third time is even better.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 06:56:45 am »
The third time is even better.
lol, I've got a while to go, but I'll get there

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:31 pm »
Welcome, KTB. We've a habit of acronym-ing things around here ;) . Glad to see you participating, it what makes this place worth visiting :) .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 06:10:30 pm »
Welcome, KTB. We've a habit of acronym-ing things around here ;) . Glad to see you participating, it what makes this place worth visiting :) .
Thanks! Yeah I have a hard time joining a community without getting overly into it. So you're probably going to see a lot more of me around here