• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: April 20, 2016, 10:22:36 pm »
Hello!

So Bryan Bakker (that's Scott's brother for the daft among us) has consented to do an interview.  What questions would y'all like asked?  Ppptttthhhhhh,

-mg

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:06:57 pm »
I'll think about specifics after work but definitely questions regarding campaigning in Earwa and producing the trailer with Somnambulist.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 11:16:05 pm »
Was he involved with the entire story of Earwa with RSB? Has he had input on how this will all end? Or, does RSB use him as more of a muse? Did one day while the two of them were playing D&D did this story just hit them upside the head, or did it evolve?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 11:19:00 pm »
He's credited with being the original sounding board in acknowledgments in TDTCB, I believe. I see him as being an Esslemont who can't write.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 04:00:09 pm »
When did he decide to do a trailer for the books and what sparked the interest to make it? How did he decide which pieces to use and how to sequence them? Where did the music come from and what about it made you want to use it? Is there anything else in the pipeline right now for the YouTube channel?

Did he play in Scott's Earwa campaigns and if so what kinds of stories took place in those game sessions?

What has it been like watching this story evolve over five novels?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »
Quote from: Acknowledgements, TDTCB
My brother, Bryan Bakker, for believing in my work before there was any work to believe in.

Quote from: TWP
To Bryan - my brother, both of heart and vision

Quote from: Acknowledgements, TWP
My brother, Bryan Bakker, for giving me more great ideas than I care to admit

Quote from: Thadal (Bryan Bakker), ZTS, 2004
Hello. As the author's brother I can tell you that with this trilogy you will be taken on quite a ride. The first book establishes, the second and third are pure story driven action and intellectual intrigue.

I'm incrediably proud of my brother for what he's created and how hard he's worked. That this website has been established just reienforces my long held belief that one day R. Scott Bakker will be known as, not only a great writer, but a great man. The work he'll do in the coming years will prove that.

I have to laugh you know. You guys are probably a lot like me after all. The awe. The sheer sense of awe my brother creates in these books. You tasted it in the Darkness. You'll feast on it the prophet and the thousand fold thought. This trilogy and the projects planned after it... too. Heh. Just keep reading guys. You have no idea what's in store.

Also, as far as another question: Who is older?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 07:22:25 pm »
What genres do you prefer to read?

Have you read TSA?

How true has TSA remained to the original concept Scott must have pitched to you some 20 years ago?

---
MG: Is BB aware that this interview might not revolve so much around him as it does Bakker (Scott) and his books? You didn't tell him you'd be interviewing him about his company or something did you?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:24:03 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:12 am »

Have you read TSA?

How true has TSA remained to the original concept Scott must have pitched to you some 20 years ago?

---
MG: Is BB aware that this interview might not revolve so much around him as it does Bakker (Scott) and his books? You didn't tell him you'd be interviewing him about his company or something did you?

Still sorting out the specifics, but I'd planned on interviewing about this and that, film, Scott, Canadian weather, what have you...

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 03:06:05 pm »
Hey any idea on where it's going to be posted at? We should link it somewhere other than a forum post. Maybe Pat or Adam could put it up on their blog after its done?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 03:18:54 pm »
Wilshire and I (and Som) have talked about doing some kind of www.second-apocalypse.com front page, like www.malazanempire.com, as well as a page for bakkerfans "official" stuffs.

Ultimately the decision is MG's but I would prefer - if a thread here doesn't suffice for publishing until that time - that he ask SR to post it on SFFDen.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 05:40:06 pm »
Wilshire and I (and Som) have talked about doing some kind of www.second-apocalypse.com front page, like www.malazanempire.com, as well as a page for bakkerfans "official" stuffs.

Ultimately the decision is MG's but I would prefer - if a thread here doesn't suffice for publishing until that time - that he ask SR to post it on SFFDen.

Have you read TSA?

---

Still sorting out the specifics, but I'd planned on interviewing about this and that, film, Scott, Canadian weather, what have you...

Interviews here, on tsa!!!

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »
Did this ever happen?
No whistling on the slog!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 02:30:04 pm »
Nope :(.

MG and I also need to figure out what we can use from the narrator Casts.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer