Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »
I would like to see a Unification Wars entry a la Apocalypse/Cuno-Inchoroi Wars in TTT Glossary.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 06:18:36 pm »
Me too!

Would also love to see some of the skirmishes that are supposed to be going on between Consult and Mandate, pre-skin spy.  Is that like, a team of mandati try to retake some of the north (like Sauglish) and have to duel over territory with Aurang?  Facing erratics or synthese or ursranc?  Shae's form seems a little unweildy for the outer world.

What the hell would they even be fighting over?  The north is lost (is it not yet considered lost for the mandate's first few centuries) the Consult seem to just need to hunker down and do all their teckne studies.  Would the Mandate be aggressors across the northern wastes?  Would the Consult/Sranc/Scylvendi continue to attack nations to reduce the population by any means necessary?  Mandati are called in by whatever local lord is having trouble?

Maybe right after the death of Mog, the sranc population was (considered by the Consult) to be too low and the North could be regained by humans.  So they actively fence the 3 seas in to give over half of Earwa to sranc incubation for the hated day?  Maybe they could have remade Mog at any point and just needed to wait for sranc levels to rise?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 09:47:41 pm »
Would also love to see some of the skirmishes that are supposed to be going on between Consult and Mandate, pre-skin spy.  Is that like, a team of mandati try to retake some of the north (like Sauglish) and have to duel over territory with Aurang?  Facing erratics or synthese or ursranc?  Shae's form seems a little unweildy for the outer world.

Shaeonanra must use other versions of Synthese, MG.

I figure more that Consult actively try to murder the world by any means necessary. Including a means so simply as actively directed war against Atrithau.

Would the Consult/Sranc/Scylvendi continue to attack nations to reduce the population by any means necessary?

Yeah, +1.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »
Can Shae do that?  I had the impression that a synthese is produced via an inchoroi standing in the center of sil's shield while the shae circle sends him forth?  So, shae could help, but couldn't be a synthese, idk.

If Shae has a synthese, I bet it's something awesome like a bear covered in snake skin, back covered in massive scorpion tales and of course...penduluous phallus.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 10:16:20 am »
Can Shae do that?  I had the impression that a synthese is produced via an inchoroi standing in the center of sil's shield while the shae circle sends him forth?

As far as I know, we don't know how the Synthese works... what you just wrote is entirely a product of imagination though...

I assume Shaeonanra can use Synthese.

If Shae has a synthese, I bet it's something awesome like a bear covered in snake skin, back covered in massive scorpion tales and of course...penduluous phallus.

Exactly :): The Synthese/V. Bird
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:37 pm »
I know Bakker said that he planned the Glossary as a tease, but is it true that (as I've seen mentioned by some) that he said in a interview that some entries are misleading or that they contain false info?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:12 pm »
True. The TTT glossary contains false perspectives and misleading information, much like any other character in the book.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 12:24:45 pm »
lol, maybe a big reveal is going to be naming various narrators for the books, so we have an idea what specifically they were lying about, like in Kierkegaard

Francis Buck

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 02:34:24 am »
lol, maybe a big reveal is going to be naming various narrators for the books, so we have an idea what specifically they were lying about, like in Kierkegaard

Can you elaborate on that? You mean revealing that each book we're reading is, in fact, someone literally telling the story/writing the books in-universe?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 01:55:34 pm »

Can you elaborate on that? You mean revealing that each book we're reading is, in fact, someone literally telling the story/writing the books in-universe?

lol!  i don't think it's going to happen, but it would be wild if Kellhus ordered a scribe to compile the PON and instructed him/her on how to do it.  i don't see enough differences in style to separate the 3 works, but maybe the argument could be made that the 1st trilogy has one author and the 2nd trilogy has another.  more divine intrusion in the second, diff pov's but still keeping esmi's pov.

candidates for writer of first trilogy?  must be alive and intelligent: Esmi, Proyas, Kellhus, Akka, Kosoter, Sarl, this is going to be too long...

what would be the point? the narrator could lie by fabricating Kellhus' back story.  perhaps Kellhus is literally from Atrithau and is simply a new prophet (has even cured blindness on occasion).  the narrator could like about Esmi (she is in fact Dunyain or something else and is made to seem weaker than she really is to conceal her role as puppet master).

maybe TSTSNBN is Bakker's equivalent to a Earwan True History?

i don't think Bakker will pull this trick on us, but he's going to be doing something along the lines of exposing the reader's ignorance, he just harps on that theme too much!

this is fun!