• 108 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 06:35:04 am »
Finished Cibola Burns (13), good but not as good as the first 3. Still worth the read. Now, to begin with TSA reread before TUC hits the shelves.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 08:34:03 am »
Just finished The Darkness That Comes Before(14), by R Scott Bakker. Don't know if you have heard of the guy or not, but its goooood stuff.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
Just finished The Darkness That Comes Before(14), by R Scott Bakker. Don't know if you have heard of the guy or not, but its goooood stuff.

Its in my to-read pile. I'm hoping to get to it within the next couple weeks ...
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2017, 06:21:32 pm »
Worst series I have ever read.I hated it so much that I bought and read all the available books more than one time just to bitch about it.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2017, 06:43:26 pm »
It doubles has decent toilet paper if you're caught on the john without a roll ...
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »
Finsished The Warrior Prophet(15), I love this book as much as any. On to TTT.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2017, 10:16:14 pm »
Finished The Thousandfold Thought and The Great Ordeal (16&17). About halfway through Nemesis Games, but doubt ill finish by the time TUC comes out. At which point I will drop whatever it is I'm reading.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2017, 01:01:00 am »
Finished Nemesis Games (18), now onto TUC baby!

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2017, 07:23:11 pm »
Aw, you dog, I'm still waiting for my Amazon order to fulfill - I'm sad.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 11:04:42 am »
Starting TUC when I get home tonight - will update totals correctly once finished!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 01:26:46 pm »
Started TJE lol. I've got a week till TUC is here right? Plenty of time to read TAE...
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 09:06:39 pm »
The Unholy Consult (19). Was about halfway through Red Sister by Mark Lawrence, but some guy name Beardfisher King recommended Three Body Problem. I checked it out, downloaded it and now i cant put it down. Im about a 1/5 of the way through, so i havent hit whats really going onand what not, but its interesting, very much so. Thanks for the rec BK! :)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2017, 11:42:01 pm »
Finsihed Threee Body Problem (20), onto the sequel The Dark Forest. TBP was a really interesting read, but alot of scientific lingo that went over my head. Didnt hurt the plot or pacing though. Good book!

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2017, 01:03:23 pm »
Finsihed Threee Body Problem (20), onto the sequel The Dark Forest. TBP was a really interesting read, but alot of scientific lingo that went over my head. Didnt hurt the plot or pacing though. Good book!

I want to read that, but I am going to wait until The Stone Sky comes out on the 15th and I can finish it first.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2017, 11:19:49 pm »
Ehhh, instead of starting The Dark Forest, I've opted to give The Court of Broken Knives, Anna Smith Sparks. Just started and I'm liking it alot. You can tell its gonna full of intrigue and bloody mayhem!!!