• 5 Replies

rhizome

• The Afflicted Few
  • Emwama
  • One or Several Wolves
    • View Profile
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:10:10 pm »
Hey,

I came to the PoN books through Luke Burrage's SFBRP podcast, and read Darkness in summer 2011; the rest of the first series over the next year or so.    Read TAE over the summer of 2012.

I've been checking in here periodically for news of TUC/TGO... can remember doing the same at an earlier forum, but can't be sure if it was Three Seas or not... I think Bakker was active there.

Picked things up again about a month ago, an saw that TGO was set for release... listened to the casts and have been checking in regularly here for more news.  Refrained from buying ARCs on eBay... just barely.  Completed a re-read of the whole series just to have my conclusions thrown into turmoil by the TGO excerpts.

Not sure how active I'll be, but I thought I'd introduce myself all the same.  If what we've seen of TGO continues quality-wise we'll probably see more new members & activity in the next few weeks...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 11:46:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum. We're hoping more people come to speculate and discuss, now that TGO is on the horizon and TUC should be coming in a year or so.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:26:20 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, rhizome :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:16:00 pm »
Welcome! Not long ago I was just a lurker like you were. I am sure that you will find your salvation here.  :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:17:33 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Garet Jax

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:54:27 pm »
Hey,

I came to the PoN books through Luke Burrage's SFBRP podcast, and read Darkness in summer 2011; the rest of the first series over the next year or so.    Read TAE over the summer of 2012.

I've been checking in here periodically for news of TUC/TGO... can remember doing the same at an earlier forum, but can't be sure if it was Three Seas or not... I think Bakker was active there.

Picked things up again about a month ago, an saw that TGO was set for release... listened to the casts and have been checking in regularly here for more news.  Refrained from buying ARCs on eBay... just barely.  Completed a re-read of the whole series just to have my conclusions thrown into turmoil by the TGO excerpts.

Not sure how active I'll be, but I thought I'd introduce myself all the same.  If what we've seen of TGO continues quality-wise we'll probably see more new members & activity in the next few weeks...

Welcome to the revolution, rhizome!  I am a very long time lurker, the rewards of the shadows are to great for me to deny.  My hope is that you decide to engage and speculate as the revelations of TGO come to you.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)