Hey

• 7 Replies

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile

Hey

« on: July 02, 2014, 07:37:12 am »
Hey guys.  Long time Bakker fan here.  I was on one of the previous Prince of Nothing forums but I didnt visit very often (dont even remember which forum it was) but figured Id show my support and join the newest forum.  I just read the available part of Chapter 1 of TUC and wow.  Cant wait to buy it and read it over and over!

A little about myself.  Im 24, not sure how old most other Bakker fans are.  Im weeks away from finishing my contract in the US army and moving back to southern California.   Im a staunch libertarian (NOT A REPUBLICAN WARMONGER TYVM!) and am very active on two other online forums, calguns.net and ar15.com under the same username.  If all that doesn't ostracize me enough, I am actually very religious which I imagine makes me even more of a weirdo among Bakker fans lol.  Im also a happy husband and proud father. Oh yeah and I love love love love love the Second Apocalypse.  I consider it to be the most creative, unique and 'realistic' fantasy universe I have ever come across.  My first runner up, (Joe Abercrombie's work) is not even close, though still excellent in its own right. 

Edit:  I forgot to mention, I plan on studying healthcare administration now that I will have my GI Bill.  Just thought I'd share if there are any healthcare professionals here.  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:39:09 am by geoint »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 12:51:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum, glad to see another make it back from the outside.

Many of the more active participants here are around your age, though there are certainly some older/younger floating around, and plenty of dads. You'll fit  in somewhere, plenty of space at the table.

Also, thanks for posting! Always makes me happy to see new people actually participating. Never feel the need to read through an entire topic of posts before weighing in.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Garet Jax

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:36:51 pm »
Welcome to the revolution, geoint.

Looking forward to your input!

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:07:02 pm »
Welcome geoint!  What does your name mean?  Glad to have another dad who likes Bakker on the forum!  My kid gets so tired of hearing me talk about Bakker; she's never read his books but can tell you the names and order of everything in the Second Apocalypse.  :P

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:32 pm »
geoint is short for geospatial intelligence.  And I understand.  I only have one child so far and that ones still in diapers, but my wife has had to listen to me ponder Bakkers work many times.  Her patience is inhuman sometimes lol. 

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:25 am »
Cool!  I had to google that term.  Still not sure if I get it but I understand that we are being watched in more ways that I had imagined.  :(

Looks like Gary Johnson found a nice alternative job to being president:
http://news.yahoo.com/ex-mexico-gov-johnson-named-211024999.html

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 06:21:29 am »
Its actually incredibly boring and I hate the entire field.  Cant wait to change careers and start working in clinical settings. Same amount of pressure, way better pay and I get to have rights :)

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile