Yeah mang

• 6 Replies

Dont Skald Me Bro

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: August 07, 2016, 05:16:04 pm »
I was here before under a different username but didn't really post much but I had to make a new account cuz I have a new phone without my old password, the Great Ordeal was just too great not to talk about somewhere, and the Westeros threads are full of some extremely uptight ballbags who take themselves way too seriously. Hopefully I can contribute more now than under my old name  ;D

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 05:47:46 pm »
Hey, I like the name :)

Westeros is alright debate-wise if you have hours each day spare to debate stuff. I've read some great stuff over the years. Some of it was shrouded cause i was ignorant of the stuff being discussed.

However it's too much of a time sink(for me) to engage in some of the more esoteric topics they prefer to discuss.

I appreciate the use of the word ballbag though I don't see it on the net that much :D

Dont Skald Me Bro

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 08:41:57 pm »
Oh yeah, I've read some great stuff in the threads over there too, but like you said, they're a huge time sink and just become not worth wasting that time on whenever one of the small minority of usual suspects that feel guilty about actually enjoying the books is sinking the most time into posting that day/week.

Also, thanks for the compliments on my name and usage of "ballbags" :)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 12:16:15 am »
I was here before under a different username but didn't really post much but I had to make a new account cuz I have a new phone without my old password, the Great Ordeal was just too great not to talk about somewhere, and the Westeros threads are full of some extremely uptight ballbags who take themselves way too seriously. Hopefully I can contribute more now than under my old name  ;D

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse :)!

If you remember your old username I can get you access again?

I appreciate the use of the word ballbag though I don't see it on the net that much :D

I don't think it's ever come up before, themerchant, but I fucked around with this amazing scottish chick awhile back and I grew quite fond of her vulgarity. I'll admit, I like "muppet" more than "ballbag" ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:09:33 pm »
Nah you told me, I also said "bet you she claimed the scots invented everything" which in my estimate is the most commonly held belief in a notoriously polarised culture lol.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:34:50 pm »
Nah you told me, I also said "bet you she claimed the scots invented everything" which in my estimate is the most commonly held belief in a notoriously polarised culture lol.

Which she did. And I mean. You're not wrong... Scottish and Scottish-descended peoples have a remarkable rate of invention.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 05:09:26 pm »

NICE NAME! DSMB WELCOME!  POOR PROYAS