Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:04 am »
Just read A Tale of Swayal!  Awesome!  Love, love, love the gathering of witches and the tension between following the old way vs Kellhus--had not really thought of it myself.  This seems like a slice of life from every witches heart--they would all have to decide if they were zaudunyani or not.

Lol - thanks, MG. Just wanted to make sure I responded to this as my last post - first exam today and I feel like I'm going through some peak experiences; but still don't have all morning to spend on here, relaxing as it is.

It took me awhile to brainstorm this one. Imitating Bakker, he has a certain style of simplicity. This is why I tend not to gamble on too many unknowns or speculations in mine because it adds a certain depth to them. Plus it's a technical challenge trying to fit the "canon story."

Loved seeing old Nautzera!  He's a great school marm!  This IS the fitting end to the old mandati.  This would be a great place to do a bunch of stories, a way to squeeze some harry potter feels into the bakker-verse--Nautzera fooled by glamors--his class seems to be studying when really there all down at the lake or all the girls come to class in big beards.

Lmao. J.K. Rowling meets Bakker... who'd have thunk it.

If you ever go back to witches, it might be cool to see a story of a confrontation between a swayal witch and one who refused to answer the summons.

Same as per above - I couldn't imagine speculating on what tradition Witch-magic might have looked like; though I threw in some ad-lib metaphors about it in Lissa's Mother's dream message.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 07:14:51 am »
Just read 'Untitled' and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

The only non-bakkerism I noticed was that besides Seswatha (who doesn't count) you only introduced 2 human characters and 1 skin spy!   ;D 

Bakker would have named at least 14 more people even if none of them ever got another second of screen time lol

Jokes aside, great piece of fan fic!  Ive tried to do Second Apocalypse fan fic and was just too intimidated to begin.  The universe is almost too well mapped out.  I feel like anything I do would have inconsistencies with the already established story.  'Untitled' on the other hand fits into the universe perfectly! 

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:07 am »
Hmm.  I wrote a little something as far as SA fan-fic goes.  But it's secluded away on my old laptop.  It was a short piece, written from the POV of Sarnagiri V.  He's brought in chains to Triamis' private quarters.  They discuss the future of Nilnamesh as part of the Ceneian Empire.  Triamis is very; "Har har, I have big plans for the world and such. You'd better get on my good side."

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 03:12:49 pm »
Thanks for the high praise, geoint. I hope you stumble upon my other one, A Tale of Swayal, at some point and sound off your thoughts.

HP, submit it, if you find it? Or shop it around some of us here to help critique it and clean it up?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer