• 135 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2016, 03:34:15 am »
Without Serwe no one tells Kellhus and Cnaiur about the Holy War. No one tells them about the Holy War, Kellhus kills Cnaiur and makes a beeline for Kian. Kellhus is killed outright because he's a Norsirai. Serwe is critical to Kellhus's anagnorisis in the first book and completely alters his plans.

That's only from a plotting standpoint, nevermind thematic content.

Excellent points as always, HP! :)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2016, 05:07:58 pm »
Without Serwe no one tells Kellhus and Cnaiur about the Holy War. No one tells them about the Holy War, Kellhus kills Cnaiur and makes a beeline for Kian. Kellhus is killed outright because he's a Norsirai. Serwe is critical to Kellhus's anagnorisis in the first book and completely alters his plans.

That's only from a plotting standpoint, nevermind thematic content.
Esmenet is taken captive by the Scylvendi raiding party on the way to Momemn from Shimeh. She does all that stuff. Don't think the geography can't or won't be fudged.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2016, 10:04:43 pm »
I hope they keep her because there are only two women in the story.  However, the parts that she plays can be combined with other characters.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

gtownwr

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2016, 09:12:40 pm »
IIt's also likely that we will see more of the "armored in lacquered human finger nails sranc" and fewer of the "sporting huge erections sranc".

I LOL'd at this.  :)

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2016, 12:09:48 am »
Yep, they're gunna have trouble with showing wangs at all, let alone erect ones. I guess it'd be ground breaking, though I'm not sure I can place my finger on who's ground it'd break. Sure, when a show actually shows a nude male for once (instead of just nude females), I'm like 'Ho, they actually did it!' I'm a little shocked, but it's hardly super important by itself. I'd think actually showing erect penises actually has the problem of being kind of hilariously ridiculous! Though I guess the rape will kill that humor soon enough.

Titan

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2016, 12:18:39 am »
Yep, they're gunna have trouble with showing wangs at all, let alone erect ones. I guess it'd be ground breaking, though I'm not sure I can place my finger on who's ground it'd break. Sure, when a show actually shows a nude male for once (instead of just nude females), I'm like 'Ho, they actually did it!' I'm a little shocked, but it's hardly super important by itself. I'd think actually showing erect penises actually has the problem of being kind of hilariously ridiculous! Though I guess the rape will kill that humor soon enough.

Yep, that's going to be an issue. One way to approach it would be that the Sranc and Inchoroi are more into pain and violence, and that it gives them pleasure to inflict pain. (but not so much sexual pleasure which allows the "rapy-ness" to be deemphasized)

Seeing lots of Sranc running around with erect phalluses is just going to look ridiculous, even ignoring the rape aspect. Have them simply get enjoyment from inflicting pain instead.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:39:05 am by Titan »

JRControl

• Momurai
  • Kellhus lied, Harambe died
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2016, 08:57:42 am »
I hope Aurang's wang is Mandingo sized. It would bring a lot to the series I feel.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2016, 09:39:54 am »
Few, I can imagine the producer meetings on this one. The many of them. But I have to weigh in in favour of the wangs.

I hope Aurang's wang is Mandingo sized. It would bring a lot to the series I feel.
“Plainly,” Titirga replied, frowning at the creature’s groin.

Cynical Cat

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2016, 01:21:29 pm »
It would be awesome to see the same actress playing sweet, long suffering Serwe then go one to play the skin-spy that imitates and watch her cut through Nansur like a hot knife through butter.

Frail

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2016, 06:54:21 pm »
You can have erect phalluses as long as they are monstrous or deformed for the Sranc i think, and as long as the camera doesnt dwell on them, because its just part of who they are.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2016, 08:02:13 pm »
It would be awesome to see the same actress playing sweet, long suffering Serwe then go one to play the skin-spy that imitates and watch her cut through Nansur like a hot knife through butter.

That would be pretty awesome. Skin-spies existing throughout the show and their 'bringing back' dead characters will be pretty awesome to see on screen.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »
I've asked, I believe, twice now on his blog and during the AMA that Bakker did. No response.

I figure that either means the deal is so great that its gotta be kept totally secret per contractual NDAs with powerful production companies - or that it fell through entirely and he's not interesting in regaling the failure.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2017, 09:34:59 pm »
I've asked, I believe, twice now on his blog and during the AMA that Bakker did. No response.

I figure that either means the deal is so great that its gotta be kept totally secret per contractual NDAs with powerful production companies - or that it fell through entirely and he's not interesting in regaling the failure.
Super optimistic me thinks that it failed  :(
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2017, 06:33:40 pm »
After seeing the game of thrones show go to shit in 2 seasons I don't think I would want to see a PON show. Plus they would Norsirai-wash everyone which would take the eastern feel of the series.
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2017, 06:54:28 pm »
After seeing the game of thrones show go to shit in 2 seasons I don't think I would want to see a PON show. Plus they would Norsirai-wash everyone which would take the eastern feel of the series.

Nah think of it this way. The show isn't for the fans. its to raise capital to support Bakker writing more Earwa and other stories. Even if it becomes a clusterfuck after 1 episode, the sale of the rights would have raised enough capital to produce at LEAST 1 more book, if not a whole trilogy.

You, the original fan, loses nothing - but gains the world.