ARC: TDTCB, Chapter 10

• 3 Replies

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« on: June 10, 2018, 11:24:01 pm »
It's Sunday and my favorite chapters are approaching as they involve my baby and imo, some of the best character interactions in the entire series. Will say more after I get done with Chapter 9. We got time though, so it's all good.

How should one describe the terrible majesty of the Holy War? Even then, still unblooded, it was both frightening and wondrous to behold, a great beast whose limbs were composed of entire nations—Galeoth, Thunyerus, Ce Tydonn, Conriya, High Ainon, and the Nansurium—and with the Scarlet Spires as the dragon’s maw, no less. Not since the days of the Ceneian Empire or the Ancient North has the world witnessed such an assembly. Even diseased by politics, it was a thing of awe.

—DRUSAS ACHAMIAN, COMPENDIUM OF THE FIRST HOLY WAR

Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

TheCulminatingApe

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:31:33 pm »
Short post, because my PC is broken.

Some deep stuff from Akka comparing benjuka with life. He notes the subtleties and complexities of the game, and states that you cannot force another to love. 
Well, not if you are worldborn, as we shall see, and as Cnaiur later tells us.

The Consult seem to be able to make people lust

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Sez who?
Seswatha, that's who.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:51:18 am »
Something cracked against the back of her skull. She fell to her knees. Another stone bruised off her shoulder. She raised warding hands, stumbled to her feet, tried walking quickly forward. But the youths were capering around her again, bombarding her with small, river-round stones. Then she glimpsed the tall one in her periphery, hefting something as big as his hand. She cringed. The concussion snapped her teeth together, sent her teetering, toppling. She rolled in cold muck, pulled herself to all fours, raised one knee from the ground. A small stone slapped into her cheek, brought stinging tears to her left eye, then she was up, walking as best as she could manage.
This part is so harrowing. Consult haters should consider this section when they argue for having the World being saved. Judgment like this is the norm, not the exception, in the grand scheme of things.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 12:58:58 pm »
Yup. In my case Team Consult really started to be a thing in the Aspect Emperor.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man