Hello!

• 10 Replies

Unrepentant Schoolman

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:17:21 pm »
Hello all ... My name is Kabir Singh (Unrepentant Schoolman).

I have been a reader for a very long time but I just finally finished the Unholy Consult.  I started reading it when it was published but life happened and it got buried in a pile of books to be read later and I finally got back to it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I live outside of Sarnia, ON in a town called Camlachie. If Zaudunyanicon is still a thing count me in.

I have many things to discuss with you all about what I consider to be the greatest epic fantasy series written.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:43:13 pm »
I have many things to discuss with you all about what I consider to be the greatest epic fantasy series written.

Welcome!  Looking forward to your perspective.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:12:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Always great to bring another to the fold.

Let me squash your hopes right now though (NO HOPE ON THE SLOG), Zaudunyainicon is/was almost certainly a one time event.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Unrepentant Schoolman

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:37:31 pm »
Ahh that is a shame ... there is so much to discuss in the 2nd apocalypse series .... meeting in person and with the author must have been a wonderful experience.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 04:45:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Always great to bring another to the fold.

Let me squash your hopes right now though (NO HOPE ON THE SLOG), Zaudunyainicon is/was almost certainly a one time event.

For you, maybe! Keep hope alive!

Welcome, friend! Glad to have you, looking forward to your contributions. We're all expecting big things  :)
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 08:09:13 pm »
Ahh that is a shame ... there is so much to discuss in the 2nd apocalypse series .... meeting in person and with the author must have been a wonderful experience.

Hey we used to meet up online weekly and discussed. There's always something happening, especially if you're the one making it happen ;) .

But the intermittent and passively permanent nature of the forum makes long discussion capable to be had over large periods of time. Its a slower pace than what we're typically used to, with IM/skype/whatever-social-media, but I really do enjoy this particular medium. It feels closer to sitting around with a drink talking to friends than other alternatives :).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 01:22:35 am »
H says he created a Discord account - we should resurrect the weekly meet ups, would be cool. You'all can check out the new psychology I'm sporting  :D

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 02:03:44 am »
H says he created a Discord account - we should resurrect the weekly meet ups, would be cool. You'all can check out the new psychology I'm sporting  :D
There in fact does exist a Discord server, of which I'm a member. So far it's pretty quiet, though.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 02:10:19 am »
There in fact does exist a Discord server, of which I'm a member. So far it's pretty quiet, though.

I've never used Discord - what do I do? Download something or connect through their site? What you mean by "Discord server" - Discord provides a server for every group or just terminology segregating groups? Would be cool to meet y'all "in person".

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 02:23:10 am »

I've never used Discord - what do I do? Download something or connect through their site? What you mean by "Discord server" - Discord provides a server for every group or just terminology segregating groups? Would be cool to meet y'all "in person".
Discord is a Skype-like app, only better than Skype in every respect. You can get it here:
https://discordapp.com/

Download and install it, don't be fooled into using their browser interface, the app is much more convenient. I'm using it for some time, and so far encountered no security issues whatsoever.

After installing the app you would need a link for the server, which I've sent you via PM (I hope H wouldn't mind). And you're absolutely correct, "Discord server" is basically a term for group chat. Discord servers do have a bit more options than old school group chats (like our Quorum here), but at the end of the day they're still group chats.

Oh, and it would be best to not link the server publicly, since Discord spam is a thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:32:46 am by SmilerLoki »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 12:35:29 pm »
After installing the app you would need a link for the server, which I've sent you via PM (I hope H wouldn't mind). And you're absolutely correct, "Discord server" is basically a term for group chat. Discord servers do have a bit more options than old school group chats (like our Quorum here), but at the end of the day they're still group chats.

Oh, and it would be best to not link the server publicly, since Discord spam is a thing.

Yeah, not a problem, I just felt the same way, so if anyone needs an invite to the server, let me know.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira