• 135 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2015, 04:06:59 pm »
Ah yes. I had forgotten about the other corpse that is mentioned later. I agree that the nameless corpse seems to be implied to be Chepheramunni, at least to the reader. Seems to be no real reason to mention it otberwise. Chekhov's gun and all that. [Growing our epileptic trees].

I didn't mention the retcon idea because it seems to have a reasonable explication in-text. Maybe not the original context, but not wholly ridiculous
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:58:34 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2015, 05:59:23 pm »
The Epileptic Forest!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2015, 07:30:10 pm »
Camlost, do you think its ok if we start the thread for Part II? I'm probably getting ahead of things though.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2015, 08:42:50 pm »
Huh, I never made the Chephrunni connection. That's obviously the obvious choice for who it would be. I dont believe the Skin-Spy was trying to frame Akka in anyway. That was a pretext for the SS to take Akka. Though, they clearly believed it to be true. Crazy how so many factions are being played and fooled all at once, it makes the upcoming books that much more intriguing.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2015, 08:59:50 pm »
MSJ, you can make a new topic if you are ahead. Name it thusly and people will find it.

Camlost

• The Ginger-Beard Wizard
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2015, 09:35:37 pm »
What Wilshire said. It's been a long ass week for me, so I haven't been able to keep up with posting.  I like what I've been reading though. It's amazing how much you miss when you're away from the internet for a few days lol

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2015, 04:59:15 am »
From my last time I read it I figured that they were just disguising the bodies with the face removal, no retcon needed, never made the ceph connection though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2015, 11:20:37 pm »
Ganrelka was burned, ties into what we learn about funeral rites in book five. Note the phrasing about his ashes not having time to swirl up.  Did the Dunyain make some anasurimbor qirri?

Inkorot

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »
If the north is full of Sranc, isn't it a bit strange that Kellhus could travel for months without meeting any?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »
You might be interested in this thread
http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1164.msg13371#msg13371

Though I'd arguing that a lone man in the deserted forests wouldn't have too much trouble avoiding sranc. It's not like the Mop or a big party of travelers. Certain things draw in sranc, and while slightly fortunate I don't think it's particularly extrordinary either.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:41:22 am by Wilshire »

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2015, 05:03:11 am »
If the north is full of Sranc, isn't it a bit strange that Kellhus could travel for months without meeting any?
Yes.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2015, 04:45:59 pm »
It’s probably just a coincidence... lol

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2015, 06:04:36 am »
Coincidence in a meaningful world?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2015, 04:43:29 pm »
Yes

morkypep

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:31 pm »
First post here guys. I'm not as well versed in the series as some of you. This will be my first re-read and its been awhile since I first read the books. That being said, one of my favorite series ever and am totally looking forward to The Great Ordeal. Hopefully you guys don't mind a pleb like me asking a few questions.

First of which: do we know what Inrau found in Maithanet's apartments that upset him so ? I don't remember any reference to that later in the books.