[TV Spoilers] Game of Thrones (S8) [Warning: Open Spoilers]

• 251 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2019, 06:40:28 pm »
And litreally every fan fiction ending I have read is better than the one we got. Lmao.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2019, 07:49:28 pm »
And litreally every fan fiction ending I have read is better than the one we got. Lmao.

It make sense though, because the fans are just that, actually fans.  The show runners are just in a business.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2019, 09:29:46 am »
The show runners are supposedly professionals and this their only job. They said that they chose Arya to kill the NK because no one would see that coming. Like, I can't even...
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2019, 09:36:56 am »
The show runners are supposedly professionals and this their only job. They said that they chose Arya to kill the NK because no one would see that coming. Like, I can't even...
LUL

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2019, 11:48:28 am »
Well, I think it is pretty likely that one could look around and find a nearly endless number of people who just aren't very good at their jobs...

But really, the issue is more that these guys are "jobbers" and what we really wanted, for the most part, was some sort of art.  It's sort of like we went to a super-upscale restaurant, looking for some new, interesting, and exciting cuisine, but what we got was a McDonald's hamburger that they took the wrapper off and stuck some literal bells and whistles inside of.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2019, 06:13:48 pm »
[
...but what we got was a McDonald's hamburger that they took the wrapper off and stuck some literal bells and whistles inside of.

I love the "literal" bells and whistles, H.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2019, 10:04:12 pm »
Great analogies, H. I'm hoping that the supposed "true" leaks turn out to be false. Otherwise, I'll burst into flames.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2019, 10:14:07 pm »
Great analogies, H. I'm hoping that the supposed "true" leaks turn out to be false. Otherwise, I'll burst into flames.

Well, I guess I've been fortunate enough to have not seen any "leaks" but I have been at the point of not being able to care much less for the last two seasons or so, which means whatever it will be doesn't really make much difference to me personally.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2019, 02:56:27 am »

Well, I guess I've been fortunate enough to have not seen any "leaks" but I have been at the point of not being able to care much less for the last two seasons or so, which means whatever it will be doesn't really make much difference to me personally.

I didn't know there were leaks - don't bring them up here, please, I want to remain ignorant.

I liked Arya taking him out - but I would've had her be Bran and at the final moment of the Dark Lord about to kill him, his face changes to Arya and she takes him out that way. I think that would've been bad-ass ... like no one knows where she is at times and people are asking and looking for her and then the face thing, love that assassin-like "skill". I thought a season or so ago, that's how Cercei will be taken out - Cercei wins the war for the throne, but it's not really Cercei, it's Arya.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2019, 12:01:50 pm »
I liked Arya taking him out - but I would've had her be Bran and at the final moment of the Dark Lord about to kill him, his face changes to Arya and she takes him out that way. I think that would've been bad-ass ... like no one knows where she is at times and people are asking and looking for her and then the face thing, love that assassin-like "skill". I thought a season or so ago, that's how Cercei will be taken out - Cercei wins the war for the throne, but it's not really Cercei, it's Arya.

Yeah, I don't think the fact of her killing him is really much of an issue, but the fact that she just literally pops out like dues ex machina is kind of dumb, especially when there were literally seasons explaining how she could literally steal faces, so that she would not have to just pop up in places.

If it were me, the battle would certainly have been conducted in a way that at least somewhat conforms to logical sense.  And of course, have the Night King's plot line actually make sense as well.  If he could keep raising every dead body, why engage?  All of a sudden, Death Itself is in a hurry?  Just grind them down...

Srancy

• Momurai
  • Unconditioned Shit Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:52 am »
Haven't watched since Season 1 but have enjoyed the reactions throughout the series

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2019, 08:06:17 am »
man the night after the long night was longer than the long night and far more boring.

Also Dany turning up with 80 folk outside kingslanding isn't that intimidating.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2019, 08:17:09 am »
Jon hugs everyone good bye then just nods to ghost, that's the coldest shit on the show full stop.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2019, 11:53:59 am »
Jon hugs everyone good bye then just nods to ghost, that's the coldest shit on the show full stop.

Poor CGI Ghost.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2019, 06:59:52 pm »